TravelTalkOnline

Bids sought for redevelopment of Marigot

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Bids sought for redevelopment of Marigot - 08/23/2016 01:42 PM

Daily Herald story Too little, too late??
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Bids sought for redevelopment of Marigot - 08/23/2016 04:22 PM

Sounds interesting! I wonder if it will really happen.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Bids sought for redevelopment of Marigot - 08/23/2016 05:22 PM

Seems to me it's been at least 5 years since I first heard they would build a port for cruise ships in Marigot.

Hope it all works out. But I wonder about the statement of making the waterfront more beautiful with shops, apartments and a hotel. What happens to the LOLO's there?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Bids sought for redevelopment of Marigot - 08/23/2016 05:27 PM

I would assume, without knowing, that the lolos that are there are similar to the situation in Grand Case, and on Orient. They basically are there at the whim of the Collectivite'. IF they actually build these things that they are talking about, then it should help make Marigot back into a center of life, as compared to what it is now.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Bids sought for redevelopment of Marigot - 08/23/2016 05:35 PM

the first time we cruised to Sxm, the excursion dropped us in Marigot for shopping. I didn't think anything negative of it that day. Since then, we have visited during the day for the market. Clearly, they have a lot to offer if they can just improve the safety/security aspect particularly at night. I just check and cruise.boats still pull in to Marigot and several are scheduled in October, dec, and january. If they could put a 2 sided pier into the water I could see it succeed. On the other hand, I like the French side, so maybe keep all that stuff on the Dutch side. Could still improve Marigot's situation regardless.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline