TravelTalkOnline

Marigot Market

Posted By: travelchick

Marigot Market - 10/19/2016 11:35 PM

So glad the site is up and running again, I was going through withdrawal! I missed the Marigot Market today, what are the times it is open on Saturday? I'm looking for the lady who paints on the coconut husks. Also what beaches would you recommend for the best sunset, when it isn't cloudy? Thank you!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Marigot Market - 10/19/2016 11:37 PM

Don't know the answer on the Marigot Market, but for sunset, I would say Maho (Boat Bar), Mullet (but they take the chairs back up by sunset, I think) or Cupecoy.. Enjoy!
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Marigot Market - 10/20/2016 03:24 AM

Grand Case, Calamos, LOVE Hotel, and Grand Case Beach Club. Rainbow is good too. I think GC sunsets are the best
Posted By: NakedAsAJaybird

Re: Marigot Market - 10/20/2016 10:37 AM

The Marigot Market is open everyday, but more vendors on Wed & Sat. They usually start setting up around 8am-8:30 (I think).
Posted By: ChunkyDunkin

Re: Marigot Market - 10/20/2016 10:53 AM

We were there yesterday (Wed the 19th). Got there around 10:30+ and had to drive the road south and park near cemetery to find open space, about a 5 minute walk back. It is still early season so not all of the vendors are set up, maybe better on a Sat. The spice vendor in the NW corner near the restaurant area was not there and that is one place we always like. I don't recall seeing the painted coconut stall but not really looking - mostly a pack mule for TheRingLady.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Marigot Market - 10/20/2016 11:15 AM

We have seen some great sunsets from the beach in front of the Flamboyant Bldg at SBR, Flamingo, and KimSha Beach
SBR:

[Linked Image]

KimSha:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: travelchick

Re: Marigot Market - 10/20/2016 02:27 PM

Oh my goodness, those sunsets are so beautiful! It's been cloudy so they haven't been the best,leave Sunday so my fingers are crossed I see that beauty!
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Marigot Market - 10/20/2016 06:20 PM

We like sunset in Grand Case. Either at Calmos, Rainbow or Sunset Cafe on the Grand Case Beach Club property. GCBC has happy hour then and a deck that wraps around the point for great viewing.
Posted By: Chuck_Morton

Re: Marigot Market - 10/20/2016 09:22 PM

Calmos....Partly sunset and partly atmosphere.
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Marigot Market - 10/21/2016 12:50 AM

One of the room balconies at Hotel Esplande isn't too shabby either.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline