TravelTalkOnline

Super U Grand Case

Posted By: jmbcomms

Super U Grand Case - 10/20/2016 06:19 PM

Simply Market in Grand Case was bought by Super U which is to open a new Super U there this Fall. Anyone know if it has opened or what the timetable is? For now the "other" Simply stays as is.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Super U Grand Case - 10/20/2016 06:21 PM

Someone posted here a few days ago that it was not open and didn't look like it would open any time soon.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Super U Grand Case - 10/20/2016 11:37 PM

Simply in Grand Case or Hope Estate? I didn't know there was a Simply in Grand Case?
Posted By: NakedAsAJaybird

Re: Super U Grand Case - 10/20/2016 11:47 PM

I'm sure they meant Hope Estate. That is Grand Case (not in town, but still Grand Case). You are right. Ther is no Simply in GC.

Re: Super U Grand Case - 10/21/2016 01:11 AM

OK, I wasn't sure, as I've never heard of that Simply referred to as being in Grand Case..
Posted By: wilsonck

Re: Super U Grand Case - 10/21/2016 06:53 AM

I'm sure the "other" simply being referred to is the Simply in Sandy Ground.

Re: Super U Grand Case - 10/21/2016 11:54 AM

Same one, "municipality" is Grand Case I think.

Re: Super U Grand Case - 10/21/2016 11:55 AM

Thx guys. I'm down soon and will look around.

Re: Super U Grand Case - 10/21/2016 12:00 PM

OK, I just never heard that area referred to as Grand Case before. NakedasaJaybird answered that question this week, in the Grand Case thread.
Posted By: ChunkyDunkin

Re: Super U Grand Case - 10/22/2016 01:21 PM

Were up that way yesterday to go to the Orange electronics store looking for an internet data simm card. The old Simply is still boarded shut and no indication any work is going on.
Posted By: jaxon60

Re: Super U Grand Case - 10/24/2016 04:20 AM

sorry for this off topic question: What price was the Orange Simm card and data? Do you know if there is good coverage in Orient Village area with Orange?
Posted By: ChunkyDunkin

Re: Super U Grand Case - 10/24/2016 11:19 AM

Not sure about cellular-wifi connectivity in Orient Village. We are in Oyster Pond and right now very bad to non-exsistent. The unlocked HUAWEI LTE device for mobile wifi that a friend lent me did not do any better with the new simm card, and maybe worse, than the HUAWEI ORANGE unit that was in the unit as "plan B". Fortunately, the cable guy showed up Sat. and got us back on regular internet.
Anyhow, as to the LTE device, the guy at the Orange store sent me off to Dauphin in Marigot. Outlet is immediately on the inland side of the Mall a short walk, close to the vendor market. 1.5 gig card was 29.9 euro. May at some point load mobile device and the Ipad into the car and drive around the island to see what reception is like.
Posted By: jaxon60

Re: Super U Grand Case - 10/24/2016 01:24 PM

Thanks for that info!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline