TravelTalkOnline

LaVista Remodeling

Posted By: molldoll

LaVista Remodeling - 10/23/2016 05:39 PM

We just returned from two weeks at LaVista. Here is a rundown on what has been done so far.

New roofs are on and they are metal and a taupe color.
Solar panels installed on roofs.
Two thirds of the property seem to be complete.
New tile floors.
New doors and windows.
New restrooms at pool area with a new shower also.
New sinks in kitchen.
Property has been painted.
Swimsuit and towel drying racks on balconies.
Pool has been converted to salt water.
New kitchen at the Hideaway - serving dinner only until a breakfast and lunch cook has been hired. New menu.
Brick walkways have all been redone.
Draperies have been ordered.

I'm sure that I have missed a few things but the property looks great and fresh.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: LaVista Remodeling - 10/23/2016 11:08 PM

Have both pools been converted, or just the upper one?

Re: LaVista Remodeling - 10/23/2016 11:39 PM

I don't know if the pool at LaVista Beach has been converted. If you didn't know the pool had been converted you would never know it. You didn't feel salty when you got out and dried off and it didn't taste salty but you felt a little more buoyant.

Re: LaVista Remodeling - 10/23/2016 11:46 PM

Interesting! I'll find out next month!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: LaVista Remodeling - 10/24/2016 12:30 AM

I'm thinking that probably what they are saying is it's a salt water chlorine generation system, which is what we have for our pool here--MUCH more economical for maintaining a pool, and the water does not taste of salt, OR chlorine. Much more user friendly.
Posted By: Bluesfan

Re: LaVista Remodeling - 10/24/2016 12:34 AM

LVB pool was converted last Jan (2015). It is not ocean salt water. It is a chemical equivalent. The water does not taste salty and it does not bother your skin. It is easier to maintain and does not require chlorine. Perhaps Andrea could give a better description. I got this information from Bobby.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: LaVista Remodeling - 10/24/2016 01:16 AM

Bluesfan--yes, that was what I was trying to say... That system makes a lot of sense..

Re: LaVista Remodeling - 10/24/2016 09:57 AM

Cool! I'm looking forward to checking it out next month!!
Posted By: sierrasteve

Re: LaVista Remodeling - 10/24/2016 08:14 PM

Sounds great! You say it's two-thirds complete. Is there a lot of construction still going on? Noisy?

Re: LaVista Remodeling - 10/25/2016 01:28 AM

There are a few workers around but no noise. I am thinking that the rest of the property will be done end of next summer and September.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline