TravelTalkOnline

Club O - Can we rent chairs/umbrella? Cost?

Posted By: bmjabber

Club O - Can we rent chairs/umbrella? Cost? - 11/04/2016 04:14 PM

Thanks
Posted By: shieneehead

Re: Club O - Can we rent chairs/umbrella? Cost? - 11/04/2016 04:18 PM

You can rent 2 chairs & umbrella for 20$. So worth it.
Posted By: ChunkyDunkin

Re: Club O - Can we rent chairs/umbrella? Cost? - 11/04/2016 07:57 PM

Starting Nov 1 there is also a $5 parking fee to park in the outside Club O parking area. Attendant is stationed just outside the reception. You can buy weekly chair/umbrella tickets for $120, 7 uses good for 10 days, which includes a parking pass.
Otherwise, walk down the beach and look for untagged chairs, take up residence, and the beach guys will find you for the $20 daily fee,
Posted By: joyonthebeach

Re: Club O - Can we rent chairs/umbrella? Cost? - 11/05/2016 03:25 AM

I feel like parking in Club O is well worth it.
Posted By: wofan

Re: Club O - Can we rent chairs/umbrella? Cost? - 11/05/2016 10:28 AM

Can the 7 chair tickets be shared amongst two couples?
Posted By: candj

Re: Club O - Can we rent chairs/umbrella? Cost? - 11/05/2016 10:56 AM

I think so. No one ever asked to see an ID card. You buy the booklet of little paper tickets down at the water sports building, at the far end of the beach. Each day the chair guys collect one of the daily tickets from you. I don't think there would be any way for the chair guys to know who actually purchased the tickets vs.who were using them.
Posted By: ChunkyDunkin

Re: Club O - Can we rent chairs/umbrella? Cost? - 11/05/2016 10:58 AM

Often do the ticket sharing with friends. Never had any questions by the chair guys.
If they happen to get to you prior to your walking down to the watersports for buying the 7 day set simply tell them you will be buying a weeks worth and they will come back later.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Club O - Can we rent chairs/umbrella? Cost? - 11/05/2016 12:31 PM

Correct--they are just little tear off tickets. No way for them to know whether people are sharing and I don't think they care at all.
Posted By: bluejacket

Re: Club O - Can we rent chairs/umbrella? Cost? - 11/05/2016 04:01 PM

I've had a tangentially related question for a while. Thought it would be ok in this thread.
When the chairs are tagged, does that mean the chairs are yours to use all day? For example, if we go to Perch for a drink or lunch, will the chairs be taken?

Also, while I'm at it, we'll be there(Mt.Vernon) for Christmas and New Years. What time in the morning should we plan to find the perfect chairs at Club O?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Club O - Can we rent chairs/umbrella? Cost? - 11/05/2016 04:45 PM

Yes, they are yours all day, BUT I personally leave a towel (or something else that is not of a large value) on the chair to let them know that I haven't left for the day. As far as time of day, I personally would get there no LATER than 10, earlier would be preferable.
Posted By: Tom

Re: Club O - Can we rent chairs/umbrella? Cost? - 11/05/2016 10:34 PM

me too. Once less thing to worry about when you are trying to eliminate all worries.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline