TravelTalkOnline

What is a pareo?

Posted By: Anonymous

What is a pareo? - 11/08/2016 07:22 PM

Many ladies who stay at Club O talk about wearing a pareo to and from the beach. What exactly is a pareo and where can they be purchased on the internet? I am looking for gifts for my wife in anticipation of our next trip in December.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: What is a pareo? - 11/08/2016 07:28 PM

It is a light weight cover-up very popular in the tropics. It can be tied many different ways around the body and worn over a swim suit or naked body. Most places online that carry beachwear would sell them or you can purchase them at many places on the island.Rima Beach Wear online would be a good place to start.
Posted By: OhDrinkBoy

Re: What is a pareo? - 11/08/2016 10:03 PM

Pareo

pareo images
Posted By: Bobcat

Re: What is a pareo? - 11/08/2016 10:29 PM

RIMA

Check out Rima on line.....
Posted By: RobR

Re: What is a pareo? - 11/09/2016 01:08 AM

http://www.pareoisland.com/
Posted By: molldoll

Re: What is a pareo? - 11/09/2016 04:26 AM

There are many on Amazon at very good prices. There are two pronunciations par e o (Caribbean version) and par a o (Mexico, South Pacific pronunciation).
Posted By: rkitek

Re: What is a pareo? - 11/09/2016 05:50 PM

Turtle Island Imports has many of different lengths. My wife and I have several of the mini sarongs and we both use them.
Posted By: hottubdiva

Re: What is a pareo? - 11/09/2016 07:20 PM

I have a thin, light-weight one that I always put in my carry-on wherever I travel. They're perfect to pull out when you're on an airplane that is freezing you out. I also take them to MD Anderson Cancer Center since that place is beyond cold. That said, buy one that isn't just 'beachy' because you can use them lots of places.
Posted By: PixieNWoody

Re: What is a pareo? - 11/10/2016 02:35 PM

Nouth - how sweet to purchase your wife island related gift to increase the excitement before your trip. I agree with hottubdiva - purchase one that is not necessarily 'beachy' so that your wife can use it other places. My other advise is perhaps include a 'coupon' gift for her to choose one or two on the island. What I have found in all of our travels is that you can usually find something unique and economical on the islands. Not only in future vacations will she have something different from others but you will have a reminder of this vacation in years to come.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline