TravelTalkOnline

Holiday grocery store hours

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Holiday grocery store hours - 12/21/2016 06:30 PM

Several people have asked about grocery store hours around the holidays. For those on island, I saw ads in the Daily Herald today for Grand Marche, Carrefour and Super U. GM normal hours appear to be 8-8, except on Sunday, which is normally 9-2; Carrefour's normal hours are 8-9; Super U's normal hours are 8-8.

GM and Carrefour are open 8-9 on Christmas Eve. All three are closed on Christmas Day and New Years Day. All are open on Boxing Day (December 26) with GM open 9-4, and Carrefour open 8-4. GM and Carrefour are open 8-6 on December 31. Super U didn't specify their hours on December 24, 26 or 31, so I 'assume' that they will be open regular hours, which is 8-8.
Posted By: Tom

Re: Holiday grocery store hours - 12/21/2016 06:57 PM

Thank you!
I tried to get hours via email to GM but got no reply. We are supposed to get in on 12/31/16 @ 3:30 so with some luck we may have time to get essentials (Crown Royal, Vodka, coffee and half&half/sugar)before they close.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Holiday grocery store hours - 12/21/2016 07:48 PM

Glad it helped. IF your flight is on time, you should be able to make it, if you go straight from the airport. And I know you know to leave someone in the car while the other person shops. I don't know about Market Garden, as they didn't have an ad, that I saw.
Posted By: drewmon

Re: Holiday grocery store hours - 12/23/2016 03:06 AM

Thanks for the info. We also arrive on 12/31, should be able to pick up some essentials that day to get through the weekend.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline