TravelTalkOnline

Little Bay services

Posted By: weeks5051

Little Bay services - 12/22/2016 04:49 AM

We are thinking about going to Little Bay Beach near Philipsburg.
My question is this...Do they have situation where you can get free chairs and umbrellas if you eat and/or drink at a restaurant there? Thanks.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Little Bay services - 12/22/2016 06:37 AM

No. The only way you can get free chairs is if you are an owner there. Otherwise, I think it's $20 for 2 chairs and an umbrella.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Little Bay services - 12/22/2016 12:04 PM

and parking may be a problem. jazz gal may have more up to date info.

When we were last there you had to have a parking pass in car window to park. There is a gate with a guard. Perhaps there is parking further up on road before the entrance to Divi? I'm not sure.

Re: Little Bay services - 12/22/2016 12:10 PM

Thanks both of you for the info.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Little Bay services - 12/22/2016 02:56 PM

I could've sworn I parked there when we walked up to the fort. ??
Do they no longer allowed that?
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Little Bay services - 12/22/2016 03:13 PM

It has been a few years ago but we have pulled in the lot many times after telling the guard we wanted to look around and never had a problem. Things might different now but it used to be pretty easy to park there for a couple of hours or so.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Little Bay services - 12/22/2016 05:22 PM

I went to Divi twice during my recent three-week stay and was prepared to tell the guard I was an owner wanting to use the beach. The first time, the gate was still up from a previous car and I went right through. The second time they just lifted the arm without asking any questions. I didn't recognize the guards so doubt they recognized me.
Posted By: kdsdance

Re: Little Bay services - 12/22/2016 07:48 PM

They have to give you access to the beach and the fort.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Little Bay services - 12/22/2016 07:53 PM

But not necessarily parking. Just like at Dawn Beach, there is access but almost no parking.
Posted By: Tom

Re: Little Bay services - 12/23/2016 01:37 AM

Since we stay at Belair, the other resort on Little Bay, I think that another factor may come into play. High season usually means full or near full capacity at Belair. I have seen visiting folks sharing the beach there but chairs and umbrellas may not be available to them because there are only enough for guests staying at Belair. Things do change and I will be glad to provide an update when we get there next week.

Re: Little Bay services - 12/23/2016 05:23 AM

We are there weeks 50 and 51 so it is the end of the low season and the first week of the high season.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline