TravelTalkOnline

Seaweed on The Beaches?

Posted By: Caribbean5

Seaweed on The Beaches? - 01/16/2017 09:35 PM

Can anyone let us know what the Seaweed Situation on St Martin? We went to Mexico last year and lots of Seaweed. Not sure what it is like in SXM. Are the beaches clear or full of Seaweed?
Posted By: rkitek

Re: Seaweed on The Beaches? - 01/16/2017 10:03 PM

Webcam at Club O indicated a lot of seaweed today.
Posted By: megamania

Re: Seaweed on The Beaches? - 01/16/2017 10:17 PM

None on Mullet Beach,,,really beautiful there. We did see some at Orient Beach last week,,,but not a lot.
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Seaweed on The Beaches? - 01/16/2017 11:31 PM

Last Monday & Tuesday were great. Today on orient it was terrible!!! Not many in water with such winds the last 4 days bringing it in & churning the water.
Posted By: megamania

Re: Seaweed on The Beaches? - 01/17/2017 12:22 AM

I agree on the winds situation....it was more windy than I have ever experienced on SXM. Mullet Beach had waves that could most likely break your neck if you didn't dive through them,,,but oh so beautiful to watch. I had a hold of hubby and didn't go in too far. Orient had some crazy waves last thursday as well. And, well, as I said in my trip report,,the Billy Bones power boat tour was wild,,,,scary but fun. That was a first for me!! lol
Posted By: Caribbean5

Re: Seaweed on The Beaches? - 01/17/2017 02:11 AM

Thanks sounds like Orient has problems. Sand,Seaweed and wind. Might spend most of our time at either Cupecoy or Bale Rouge. But of course we must go to Orient beach at least once.
Posted By: kish

Re: Seaweed on The Beaches? - 01/17/2017 11:02 AM

We went to Daniels on Dawn Beach last night for dinner and the beach was very clean, no seaweed!!
Posted By: Marshalls1963

Re: Seaweed on The Beaches? - 01/17/2017 11:52 AM

We are here now, we had a great day at Aloha, but the seaweed is bad, very little beach and rough waters. Very windy on the island this week, but we are on the best island and can handle these "horrible"
conditions, 😀
Posted By: Tom

Re: Seaweed on The Beaches? - 01/17/2017 12:06 PM

No seaweed here on Little Bay (Belair and Divi).
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline