TravelTalkOnline

Anguilla on Sunday

Posted By: Buddyhog

Anguilla on Sunday - 01/28/2017 02:20 PM

Planning on going to Anguilla tomorrow for the day. What company should we rent a car from and guess they will deliver and drop off at ferry terminal? Sounds like Sunday is good day for some music on the beach? What would you recommend for lunch with life music? Thanks
Posted By: kim

Re: Anguilla on Sunday - 01/28/2017 02:34 PM

I have never done an "Anguilla Sunday". Would love info as well. Wonder if there are any boat trips that go over?
Posted By: philsebben

Re: Anguilla on Sunday - 01/28/2017 03:05 PM

There are car rentals at the Blowing Point Ferry Terminal. You can go with any of them, as long as they have a car. Pick up and drop it off right there.
Posted By: pat

Re: Anguilla on Sunday - 01/28/2017 03:14 PM

Buddy,

We've done a few Anguilla Sundays but always as a stay-over guest. The 'where' part is up to you because there are a lot of great places along the different beaches but my one word of caution is make sure you don't miss the last ferry back to SXM, or you, too, could become a stay-over guest.
Posted By: ARC

Re: Anguilla on Sunday - 01/28/2017 04:23 PM

We have never rented a car on Anguilla, but we always use Nell's taxi and tour service. They will call him from the ferry at Marigot and tell him you are on your way and he will meet you at the ferry in Anguilla. He always drops us off at Elodias Beach Bar and Grill on beautiful Shoal Bay, not sure if they have music on Sunday's. Nell gives great service, just tell him what time to pick you up and bring you back to the ferry. His phone is (264) 581-8835, cell is (264) 235-6409.
Posted By: sailbynight

Re: Anguilla on Sunday - 01/28/2017 04:28 PM

While on the ferry, it is likely that any of the crew can get you pointed in the right direction, driving permit and all. I have rented this way a few times.

The car has been in the lot across from the terminal exit and the key was handed over along with the driving permit while on the ferry.

They drive on the left, and the vehicles are sometimes US models so it can be confusing

"It is good to do nothing all day, and then to relax"
Posted By: truant2

Re: Anguilla on Sunday - 01/28/2017 04:58 PM

We've been using Andy's for many years, and he and his cars are reliable. I believe there's a fun time to be had on Sundays at Gwens on the beach at Shoal Bay.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Anguilla on Sunday - 01/28/2017 09:52 PM

The public ferry is always an option. A word of caution, if it is a really busy day a Sunday or around Regatta, it can get crowded coming back to SXM. Several private ferries/boats out of Simpson Bay also.
Posted By: allenf

Re: Anguilla on Sunday - 01/28/2017 11:40 PM

Head to Bankie's.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline