TravelTalkOnline

French side € ATMs

Posted By: milo911md

French side € ATMs - 02/17/2017 01:00 AM

We would like to get some € upon our arrival.
I was wondering where is the most convenient ATM on the french side as we drive from the airport to Grand Case (GCBC). I was looking for a location on the way without significant detour, relatively easy parking/ stopping, that I can run in and out.

Also, is there a maximum transaction or daily withdrawal limits?
Also, what € denomination does the ATM dispense ( looking for both large and small bills)?

Thanks
Nick
Posted By: JohnB

Re: French side € ATMs - 02/17/2017 01:29 AM

there is one on the main road at the pharmacy in Grand Case not sure of limits
Posted By: fabila

Re: French side € ATMs - 02/17/2017 02:17 AM

The ATM at the airport dispenses in euros or usd. there was a third currency - I believe guilders but can't be sure. No idea about limits on the island.
Posted By: SeaStar

Re: French side € ATMs - 02/17/2017 03:25 AM

Are the exchange rates the same at the various locations?
Thanks
Posted By: Bahston

Re: French side € ATMs - 02/17/2017 03:55 AM

The Exchange Rate is going to be set by YOUR bank, not the French-side ATM. Withdrawal limits are going to be set by BOTH banks, YOURS and the ATM. Check your daily withdrawal limit with your bank, and adjust as necessary. Once you've done so, you're at the mercy of the ATM bank. I've been successful in withdrawing €800. I've never been able to withdraw €1000.
Posted By: wendyk

Re: French side € ATMs - 02/17/2017 11:33 AM

The ATM outside the Gourmet Marche in Porto Cupecoy dispenses dollars and euros, as does the RBC in front of Carrefour.
Posted By: milo911md

Re: French side € ATMs - 02/17/2017 01:52 PM

Is there an ATM by Super U Howel center location?
Posted By: Kathleen

Re: French side € ATMs - 02/17/2017 03:25 PM

There's one just to the right (if you are facing the market) of the old Simply market. I think there are at least 2 ATMs there dispensing both dollars and Euro.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline