TravelTalkOnline

timeshareministorage out of business

Posted By: SXMScubaman

timeshareministorage out of business - 02/18/2017 07:27 PM

Just a heads up to those that have stuff in storage with this company on St Maarten. Couple of weeks ago I heard through the grapevine they were going out of business and the last day to keep stuff with them was Feb 25th. Luckily I was able to have a friend on island that could receive my box and store it for me. If you haven't had any notice with them like I didn't have you better contact them to make your arrangements to get your stuff.
Posted By: mmk

Re: timeshareministorage out of business - 02/18/2017 07:42 PM

Happy for you, however I have a feeling many customers will not be so lucky.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: timeshareministorage out of business - 02/18/2017 07:46 PM

Well, gee, I think that was the reason why he posted, so that others might know about it?
Posted By: boucharda

Re: timeshareministorage out of business - 02/18/2017 07:54 PM

..and what can they actually DO about it if they are not presently on SXM?

I guess it's nice to know ahead of time that your stuff is gone in a week
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: timeshareministorage out of business - 02/18/2017 08:02 PM

That's a good question, but maybe if someone is on the island and might be able to help out, maybe they could reply on this thread?
Posted By: boucharda

Re: timeshareministorage out of business - 02/18/2017 08:05 PM

Perfect time for another company to come on board but a week is a bit short....I see a big yard sale coming soon
Posted By: mmk

Re: timeshareministorage out of business - 02/18/2017 08:05 PM

I realize that Carol, by lucky I meant to have a friend on the island to retrieve his stuff.

Re: timeshareministorage out of business - 02/18/2017 09:55 PM

They said they would ship it to your residence at the companies expense but I doubt if they know the addresses to ship to. I was never contacted directly but communicated via email after I inquired after hearing they were going out of business. Was told they would send it to me but never asked for an address. I had my doubts if it would actually be sent after they found out the cost to do so.
Just don't want anybody to loose anything or expect to have it there when they return to the island.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: timeshareministorage out of business - 02/18/2017 10:13 PM

Their website is down but I did have an email from them from last April. Phone numbers on the email are as follows:

U.S.A. - 267-373-7000
SXM - 721-586-5554
FAX- 810-222-4645

I have no idea if they are still working numbers or not but perhaps this can help someone.

Re: timeshareministorage out of business - 02/18/2017 11:21 PM

Email is laura@timeshareministorage.com
US phone number is the same but she won't answer. You can leave a message but I never got a return call. She does respond to emails.
SXM number does nothing.
Hope this helps.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: timeshareministorage out of business - 02/18/2017 11:50 PM

SXMScubaman said:
Email is laura@timeshareministorage.com
US phone number is the same but she won't answer. You can leave a message but I never got a return call. She does respond to emails.
SXM number does nothing.
Hope this helps.

I would think there will be a lot of unhappy former customers.

Re: timeshareministorage out of business - 02/19/2017 12:06 AM

It was very handy and reliable for the two years we used it and I recommended the service to others on TTOL along with other friends that visit St Maarten. I believe they are presently still working on a solution to get their boxes too.
Posted By: Bluesfan

Re: timeshareministorage out of business - 02/19/2017 03:59 PM

I wonder if Andrea from LaVista knows anything. She was actively promoting them when they started.
Posted By: SharonfromSXM

Re: timeshareministorage out of business - 02/20/2017 06:12 PM

If anyone on here has stuff that needs to get picked up & stored let me know because I do have some room in my business storeroom where I can hold your things. Email me at: queenofsxm2000@yahoo.com if there is anything I can do to help you out.

Re: timeshareministorage out of business - 02/20/2017 06:15 PM

That is really nice of you to offer that. First Class all the way.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline