TravelTalkOnline

Parrot/Bird Sanctuary

Posted By: ruralcarrier

Parrot/Bird Sanctuary - 03/06/2017 01:00 AM

Spent an hour or so at this place today. Not sure who is responsible for the link but it is a very unique experience and very worthwhile.

Parrot Ville Bird Park
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Parrot/Bird Sanctuary - 03/06/2017 01:04 AM

Glad you enjoyed your trip. We went the last time we were on island and really enjoyed it.

Re: Parrot/Bird Sanctuary - 03/06/2017 01:08 AM

Very impressive and very interactive. The birds love it when they know new people/food are on the way.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Parrot/Bird Sanctuary - 03/06/2017 01:47 AM

When we went last year, the facility had not been open that long, so I think that it sounds like the birds have become a lot more used to the facility since we were there, so I think we will go back again this year and see what difference there is in the birds.
Posted By: StMartinFan

Re: Parrot/Bird Sanctuary - 03/06/2017 02:41 AM

We visited last week as well. Definitely worth the entrance fee. It started to lightly rain when we were there and it was fun to see how excited that got the birds. We were told they love it when it rains, and they certainly got even more active and vocal. We also got to see a pair of doves working on their nest. We learned that several new birds hatch each year, and they don't have any toucans because they are likely to eat the other bird's eggs.
Posted By: pl3

Re: Parrot/Bird Sanctuary - 03/06/2017 09:27 PM

We loved it! We were the first ones there when they opened. When we walked in with our little feeder cups the birds went batshit crazy for the first seeds of the day, very amusing, but a bit terrifying for the admiral, the guide seemed familiar with Alfred Hitchcock.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Parrot/Bird Sanctuary - 03/06/2017 09:43 PM

pl3 said:
We loved it! We were the first ones there when they opened. When we walked in with our little feeder cups the birds went batshit crazy for the first seeds of the day, very amusing, but a bit terrifying for the admiral, the guide seemed familiar with Alfred Hitchcock.

What time do they open?
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Parrot/Bird Sanctuary - 03/06/2017 09:58 PM

Glad you enjoyed it; it was the highlight of my last trip. And my photo was obviously taken there. I think it's a St. Maarten treasure.

Re: Parrot/Bird Sanctuary - 03/06/2017 10:02 PM

According to Trip Advisor, 9:30 - 4:00. Don't know how accurate that is.

Re: Parrot/Bird Sanctuary - 03/07/2017 01:17 AM

Pretty sure that is accurate but I would check ahead.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Parrot/Bird Sanctuary - 03/07/2017 11:54 AM

Thanks all
Posted By: BobandJeana

Re: Parrot/Bird Sanctuary - 03/07/2017 05:32 PM

Do they have a sign? Been down that road many times and have not seen this.

BobandJeana

Re: Parrot/Bird Sanctuary - 03/07/2017 06:23 PM

BobandJeana said:
Do they have a sign? Been down that road many times and have not seen this.

BobandJeana

Sign
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline