TravelTalkOnline

Atlanta Airport Hotel

Posted By: Sun4MnM

Atlanta Airport Hotel - 03/14/2017 02:28 PM

Looking for recommendations on a Hilton brand hotel (so we can use reward points) near the ATL airport. Planning to spend the night near the airport before flying down to SXM the next morning. Haven't decided which hotel since none seem to offer shuttle service to the international terminal...only the domestic terminal. Guess we could always take a taxi. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Atlanta Airport Hotel - 03/14/2017 03:23 PM

Hi. I changed this to it's own thread, so that it doesn't get lost in the other thread.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Atlanta Airport Hotel - 03/14/2017 03:33 PM

Do you have the Hilton HHonors app on your phone? I can't recommend a hotel in Atlanta, as we've not stayed near the airport there, but I always use the app to find a hotel, and it works very well.
Posted By: marybeth

Re: Atlanta Airport Hotel - 03/14/2017 03:36 PM

No hotel shuttles go to the international terminal so we take a taxi. I have stayed at the Hampton Inn - there are a couple at the airport & I think it was the "East" Hampton. We've also stayed at the HILTON Hotel. Both were fine for an overnight stay.
Posted By: RickandJulie

Re: Atlanta Airport Hotel - 03/14/2017 05:36 PM

We will be staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites Atl. Airport when we come down next month. They had the best rate and ratings plus a good shuttle service.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Atlanta Airport Hotel - 03/14/2017 06:09 PM

If you can't find a Hilton, the Renaissance Concourse has private balconies overlooking the runways. awesome place for airplane lovers. Like being in the Control Tower. Delta Airlines Museum right next door. Shuttles to/from terminal. Phone app and website called Live ATC allows you to listen to planes and tower.
Posted By: WILLVINO

Re: Atlanta Airport Hotel - 03/14/2017 09:07 PM

When we have stayed there we have been taken to the car rental international terminal van stop by the hotel van. You need to plan accordingly as it can take up to 20 minutes for the van to come by. Next time we will take a taxi as that seemed like a better option. We have stayed at the embassy suites near the airport and it is very nice. They have updated their hotel and we like it as we can get a nice breakfast before the flight.
Posted By: Sun4MnM

Re: Atlanta Airport Hotel - 03/15/2017 05:32 PM

To all...appreciate the advice...Thanks!
Posted By: steveandcindylou

Re: Atlanta Airport Hotel - 03/19/2017 10:54 PM

Our hotel shuttle drops at the domestic side, but you just walk across the street and a half a block down, and there is a shuttle right at the airport to take you over to the international terminal. Pretty simple.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline