TravelTalkOnline

car rental

Posted By: lilrobo

car rental - 03/25/2017 03:43 PM

when renting a car , i should get all the insurance ? or what should i get ? and is there a better place to get from than others ?

thanks
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: car rental - 03/25/2017 04:25 PM

Most credit cards will cover the Collision insurance and not the Liability which I highly recommend. Check with your card issuing bank to see what they cover. Look for a rental company like Hertz SXM that includes the liability in their quote. It's stated as free Liability on the Hertz web site and is included in the quoted price. Others may offer Liability insurance as an after the fact add on. Who ever you rent from compare the total price with liability included.

Re: car rental - 03/25/2017 06:27 PM

ok what i found out is that i need to decline the CDW or LDW and all i need is liability and personal coverage , that will save me a little bit for sure
thanks for the info
Posted By: Tom

Re: car rental - 03/25/2017 07:44 PM

Shop the rental companies that support this site! Get quotes that cover car the size you need.
Ask for TOTAL bottom line quote.
That liability insurance can range from $5 to $12 per day.
Do you want coverage for more than 1 person?
Be smart and take pictures of any damage done on the car you pick up.

Re: car rental - 03/26/2017 01:21 AM

no just for me ill check
thanks
Posted By: PKwx

Re: car rental - 03/27/2017 11:10 PM

I get it all if there a week or less. The logic being is if there was a incident the last thing I want to do is spend a day of vacation and hassle getting the paperwork I need to file a claim with my CC company. I call it vacation time insurance. I'm may be wrong in my assumption that it can save vacation time, until proven otherwise.
Posted By: cruzer

Re: car rental - 03/28/2017 01:14 AM

My experience is it won't save you any vacation time, so please don't waste your money on unnecessary coverage. Our claim required 3 pieces of information that were only available at the end of the trip, or after arriving home. We needed the final rental agreement, that was provided on the rental return at the end of the trip. Also needed the invoice/estimate for repairs, which followed a few days later. And, we needed to provide the credit card statement showing the rental charge.

No way we could have processed the paperwork prior to departure.
Posted By: Snorkeller

Re: car rental - 03/28/2017 02:48 PM

Making a CC CDW claim need not be any kind of hassle. I always decline CDW. I rent with Unity - I get extra liability to make my wife happy - if it was just me, I would not. Couple years ago I damaged a car backing up. I took pictures with phone and emailed them to Mike. Called CC company (think it was a Citi card) and they set up claim number and emailed me form. I filled out form online and emailed to Mike. He took care of everything else - CC paid for damage/repair. I spent about ten maybe 15 minutes on entire process. If you have decent CDW coverage with CC - I cannot see any reason not to use it.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: car rental - 03/28/2017 07:19 PM

Yup...my only claim for my MANY car rentals was in England...just can't get the backing up thing down with right hand drive...backed into a stone wall.

Pics, report to EuropCar...GOT HOME and made the call. Form filled out and that was the last I heard of it. CC CDW did it's thing AND out of country it is PRIMARY insurance
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline