TravelTalkOnline

new passport reminder

Posted By: Sungoddess

new passport reminder - 04/04/2017 04:15 PM

I just realized that with the new passport comes a new number...I spent all morning online and on the phone changing all of my upcoming flights (6 of them) don't forget to do this if you get a new passport
Posted By: EWortman

Re: new passport reminder - 04/04/2017 04:41 PM

THANKS!
Posted By: boucharda

Re: new passport reminder - 04/04/2017 07:22 PM

Just got ours on Saturday...did all the changes online...Global Entry and upcoming Paris flight..easy..and found out my on file drivers license (GE) was an expired one...took care of that also
Posted By: gracie105

Re: new passport reminder - 04/04/2017 07:27 PM

What new passports? I renewed mine, does that mean I have a new Number?

Re: new passport reminder - 04/04/2017 07:37 PM

Yup
Posted By: RonDon

Re: new passport reminder - 04/04/2017 07:40 PM

gracie105 said:
What new passports? I renewed mine, does that mean I have a new Number?

Easy to check---what was your old #? Does renewed passport have a different #? You need to care only if you've booked flights before new passport arrived. Then just go to airline site and change #
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: new passport reminder - 04/04/2017 07:46 PM

Or you can just wait and put your pass port number in when you check in online. They are going to ask for it anyway at that time.

Re: new passport reminder - 04/04/2017 07:47 PM

Correct....but it might impact your PreCheck but not sure about that one. Just safer to do it in advance

Re: new passport reminder - 04/04/2017 09:56 PM

PRE comes because of GE and other reasons and not so much passport.

Re: new passport reminder - 04/04/2017 10:05 PM

Yup...but definitely a good idea to update your passport number in GE and make sure everything is up to date...don't know the "other reasons"

Re: new passport reminder - 04/04/2017 11:38 PM

"other reasons" Random
Posted By: Nowhatched

Re: new passport reminder - 04/05/2017 12:41 AM

My husband and I just returned from our 2 weeks in paradise. We always fly JB from Boston. I never checked the boarding passes but upon going through security check point we were told my husband's GE/ TSA pre check didn't show up on his ticket. I thought once you had entered it to our true blue account it always showed up. (We hadn't changed our passports or anything). We even had even purchased Extra Leg Room seats! We were told sometimes they "bounce you out?) and you need to re enter the numbers when booking the tickets! Never heard of THAT before! we had traveled several times and never double check it! I called JB from Logan and they reinstated the number and said we should be Ok after 24 hours but I just thought that was odd. I'll ALWAYS double check all that stuff from now on.

Re: new passport reminder - 04/05/2017 01:45 AM

Precheck with GE is not a guarantee.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: new passport reminder - 04/05/2017 10:41 AM

SXMScubaman said:
PRE comes because of GE and other reasons and not so much passport.

Yes, and if your passport number has changed, then your GE profile needs to be updated, or GE, and perhaps Pre, may not work next time you travel.

Re: new passport reminder - 04/05/2017 10:58 AM

Didn't know pre check wasn't automatic with GE. Thanks for the info.
Next time I have 45 minutes to kill I'm going to call JB and see why we didn't get it with Extened Legroom Seats. While IMHO they are still the best option from the Northeast they have lost their edge with customer relations.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: new passport reminder - 04/05/2017 11:31 AM

There is no TSA Pre Check at SXM where it's needed most to elevate the jamb-up.
Posted By: kim

Re: new passport reminder - 04/05/2017 11:31 AM

Why would you get TSA pre check with extended leg room??

Re: new passport reminder - 04/05/2017 01:15 PM

Before our last flight noticed the Trusted Traveler number missing from my wife's ticket confirmation so I called and they told me it was a computer glitch and they would add it in.

It was not a random denial with GE but might have been blamed on that had it not been caught prior to printing the boarding pass.. We have had GE for just under 5 years and have ALWAYS had precheck where available.

I would blame booking issues first before declaring it a GE issue.

Re: new passport reminder - 04/06/2017 11:42 AM

Very helpful ! I will consider it a booking issue. I had another issue with those tickets and seat asignments that cost me LITERALLY hours on the phone JB. VERY frustrating.
Thanks for the insight.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline