TravelTalkOnline

Murder at Alegria

Posted By: RI Bob C

Murder at Alegria - 04/05/2017 01:51 PM

Two people were murdered.
http://www.smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-ma...l-one-dead.html
Posted By: jamiegarrett761

Re: Murder at Alegria - 04/05/2017 02:02 PM

That story is quite vague - domestic dispute, maybe? Murder/suicide? Anyone staying at the Alegria have any more details?
Posted By: Teresasxm

Re: Murder at Alegria - 04/05/2017 02:34 PM

OMG- we just checked out of Alegria yesterday afternoon AND we were staying on the second floor where this horrible event took place. I'm in shock....

Marty from the Dream bar is on the island stand right now and is posting on his FB page but isn't saying much...probably because there isn't much to say at this point while the police conduct their investigation.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Murder at Alegria - 04/05/2017 03:39 PM

My imagination would think an outsider. Pretty harsh to slice your spouse. I bet more to come on this one.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Murder at Alegria - 04/05/2017 03:56 PM

At this point, the story seems to indicate a domestic dispute, but we will need to wait for more details from the police.
Posted By: deputydog1157

Re: Murder at Alegria - 04/05/2017 04:46 PM

In my experience as a law enforcement officer the most gruesome scenes are usually done by the loved one. It is usually done out of rage. Unfortunate that anyone has to be a victim whether it is a domestic dispute or a different criminal act.
Posted By: kim

Re: Murder at Alegria - 04/05/2017 05:15 PM

Pretty graphic pic in the Herald, body tossed over on the rocks at the resort. Entire thing sounds strange, hope they havecameras in the property. Could
Be a murder - suicide. Who knows. Just sad
Posted By: San

Re: Murder at Alegria - 04/05/2017 06:28 PM

Cameras on the property? You have got to be kidding me.
Posted By: kim

Re: Murder at Alegria - 04/05/2017 06:40 PM

San said:
Cameras on the property? You have got to be kidding me.

Ha - I know wishful thinking!!
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Murder at Alegria - 04/05/2017 06:48 PM

If it was, I guess the thought of rage over being talked into buying a timeshare there might be enough to...I'll restrain myself given the gravity of the situation.
Posted By: o2bnsxm

Re: Murder at Alegria - 04/05/2017 07:37 PM

The article states "both victims were threatened for their injuries, but they died". Sounds serious enough but did they have to threaten the victims?

Re: Murder at Alegria - 04/05/2017 07:41 PM

I think it is supposed to say "treated"..
Posted By: jmbcomms

Re: Murder at Alegria - 04/05/2017 09:35 PM

Official police (KPSM) press release:

Early this morning, April the 5th, the Central Dispatch Center received a call of an incident that took place at the Alegria Hotel, located in Beacon Hill, and immediately send a patrol to the location to investigate what had been taken place.
The patrol learnt that an altercation took place between a couple that is staying in one of the rooms at the Alegria Hotel. During this altercation both parties were seriously injured, possibly by the use of a sharp object. Both victims were threatened on the scene for their injuries, nevertheless both of them died as a result there off. The identity of these persons has not yet been established.
The police department is presently investigation the case. The crime scene has been closed off, several detectives and the forensic department are at the scene to collect evidence and speak with possible witnesses.
More information at this time is not available, as soon as more details comes in, the media and public will be informed.

Re: Murder at Alegria - 04/05/2017 10:55 PM

Sorry, there is nothing there that wasn't in the original link?
Posted By: Wingman

Re: Murder at Alegria - 04/06/2017 12:36 PM

We're staying at BSV. We were going to the Yacht Club for breakfast, around 8AM and saw several police cars with lights flashing etc. in the round about in front of Maho Market. We were wondering what was going on.
Posted By: SunNSand

Re: Murder at Alegria - 04/06/2017 02:17 PM

Herald Update Nothing much added. We'll probably never really know exactly what happened.
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: Murder at Alegria - 04/07/2017 01:08 AM

First of all sympathies to the families involved in this horrible tragedy. Unfortunately these things are not just limited to St Maarten. The daily Herald newspaper is now reporting it was a domestic incident most likely murder suicide. I really think out of fairness to the hotel and the island the topic title should be updated or changed to reflect the new info on the case.
Posted By: Julius

Re: Murder at Alegria - 04/11/2017 03:10 PM

Update

Re: Murder at Alegria - 04/11/2017 03:50 PM

I saw that today. Not that it really matters, when two people are dead, but they were not tourists.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline