TravelTalkOnline

Royal Islander Dehumidifiers

Posted By: spiker

Royal Islander Dehumidifiers - 04/11/2017 07:43 PM

Hi All, I really don't post much but I do kind of lurk. So with that said - how are the rooms at Royal Islander fairing this year? It seems as though the A/C doesn't pull the humidity out of the rooms very well so they put in a few dehumidifiers. Last year I was emptying them out about 3 times a day.
Also, last year I had a problem using Telsel phone service - I could never get our area code to work (847) Illinois. Is that back up and running? Or should I go with a Chippie SIM card? Thanks.
Posted By: wilsonck

Re: Royal Islander Dehumidifiers - 04/11/2017 10:20 PM

We usually just empty the dehumidifier once in the morning and before we go to bed. Never had any issues with them and that was with it set to remove as much as possible.

As far as cell service. I always use chippie, but all I care for is data and chippie is the best solution for me when I stay for 10 days.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Royal Islander Dehumidifiers - 04/11/2017 10:24 PM

just returned.....humidifier seemed to be emptied once a day.....usually in the afternoon. amazing how much moisture it takes out of the rooms...even though i never noticed it to be ''stuffy''. as for chippie....don't do it..even Sharon won't use Chippie cards when people stay at the maho area. for some reason, chippie service in that area sucks. Tell Cell works fine.....and have used one of sharon's tellcell phones for years.
Posted By: wilsonck

Re: Royal Islander Dehumidifiers - 04/12/2017 01:52 AM

Inside the rooms, I would agree on not really having any chippie service, but outside, I have never had an issue. I chalk that up to the construction of the building blocking the chippie signal. I have bought chippie sim cards from Sharon for the past 3 years now.

Tel Cel data packages are not as good as chippie.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Royal Islander Dehumidifiers - 04/12/2017 03:20 AM

wilsonck said:
Inside the rooms, I would agree on not really having any chippie service, but outside, I have never had an issue. I chalk that up to the construction of the building blocking the chippie signal. I have bought chippie sim cards from Sharon for the past 3 years now.

Tel Cel data packages are not as good as chippie.

to each their own. I guess I don't like going outside to make a call...when I am talking on the inside!!! smile not sure about the data plans...didn't rent a ''smart'' phone....
had my laptop and my ''smart phone'' on airplane mode and used the room internet...and kept on logging into the wi fi hotspots throughout the island. every restaurant has it....orient beach restaurants have it.....etc. never felt ''unplugged''... smile
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Royal Islander Dehumidifiers - 04/12/2017 10:27 AM

wilsonck said:
I have bought chippie sim cards from Sharon for the past 3 years now.

I'm curious as to why you're buying a new card every year. I bought one two years ago, and just keep it active by adding a dollar to the phone every couple of months. It's nice to have the same number year after year.

Re: Royal Islander Dehumidifiers - 04/12/2017 03:48 PM

Thanks for the info. I've been on the phone talking with a rep from AT&T and they now have a International Day pass program that allows unltd data, talk & text for $10 per day. If you do not connect in any 24 hour period then you won't be charged. I'm going to try it and hope for the best.
Posted By: kim

Re: Royal Islander Dehumidifiers - 04/12/2017 03:50 PM

That's what we do with Verizon. It stinks that we can't "shut off". But makes it much easier to still work - but from the beach!!!!

Re: Royal Islander Dehumidifiers - 04/12/2017 04:28 PM

Don't need the phone for work just for my wife to keep in touch with elderly family members & others. I just sit and have a crown & cigar around sunset! Can't wait just 9 more days!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline