TravelTalkOnline

Anguilla from GCBC

Posted By: pault21093

Anguilla from GCBC - 06/02/2017 05:03 PM

Since we arrive on SXM on June 17th, I think it's time to get some detailed planning done.

For the first 6 days, we are staying at GCBC. Despite this being our fourth visit, a day trip to Anguilla hasn't happened. The best of intentions seem to give way to Sand gravity.

Since we are at GCBC, I'd prefer an excursion that takes place from there or nearby. I see that Scoobidoo has a Prickly Pear run on 6/21. Funseaker has a Tuesday trip called 100% Anguilla that goes to Rendevous Bay, Cove Bay and Cap Juluca. That is the one that I'm more partial to at the moment.

Other options?
Experiences?
Suggestions??

Thanks.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Anguilla from GCBC - 06/02/2017 07:39 PM

We took the ferry from Marigot to Anguilla in November, and rented a car. We did stay overnight, so the car was nice to have. For just a day trip, I'd arrange for a cab to take you to Gwen's. And I'd go on a Sunday, when they have great reggae there.
Posted By: pault21093

Re: Anguilla from GCBC - 06/02/2017 07:49 PM

I appreciate the suggestion; however, I'm more interested in seeing the water and shoreline. Swimming, Sunning Snorkeling. So, at least for this adventure, I'm inclined to do one of the boat excursions.

If I just wanted to sit in a beach bar and listen to the music, there are a lot of places on SXM.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Anguilla from GCBC - 06/02/2017 08:26 PM

I get it. You asked for experiences, and I shared mine.
Posted By: pony600

Re: Anguilla from GCBC - 06/03/2017 12:06 AM

We've been on the Funseaker. It is a beautiful cat and it was a wonderful trip. They dock in Anse Marcel, but picked us up in Grand Case off the pier.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Anguilla from GCBC - 06/03/2017 12:51 AM

While not from GCBC, I had fun on this one last year.

Captain Ian

I went on the Sunday Beach Party, but there are other options. The Sunday Beach Party made a snorkel stop at Rendezvous Bay, if I remember correctly. And the Cuisinart is just a short walk from Bankie Banks' Dune Preserve.

Pickup/dropoff was at St. Maarten Yacht Club.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline