TravelTalkOnline

NEW ZIP LINE

Posted By: badbenni

NEW ZIP LINE - 08/24/2017 06:05 PM

I was under the impression that the new ZIP line would begin operation in August. Is it open?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: NEW ZIP LINE - 08/24/2017 06:32 PM

I haven't seen anything that has said it is actually open. I took a picture of it in June from the parking lot of Grand Marche. Not a great picture, but it looked like part of it was operational.

[Linked Image]

They are still doing work on the site though, based on the story that said that they found human remains at the Emilio Wilson estate, while digging there for the zip line.
Daily Herald story
Posted By: badbenni

Re: NEW ZIP LINE - 08/25/2017 01:16 AM

Carol; when I left the Island in Mid July ; it wasn't open yet. I thought they were shooting for an August opening. I am sure they want to work the bugs out prior to High Season when many cruises hit the shores. It will be a big draw for the cruise crowd.
Posted By: biglar

Re: NEW ZIP LINE - 08/25/2017 12:47 PM

We made a visit with friends in May who live very close to it and drove past it. Was amazed with the magnitude of the thing. Can't be good for the already heavy traffic in the area. But, I will certainly give it a try when I return next April.
Posted By: irina

Re: NEW ZIP LINE - 08/25/2017 06:51 PM

Horrible thing. Goes right through a residential neighborhood. There are houses there on that hill.
irina
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: NEW ZIP LINE - 08/28/2017 01:39 PM

Looks to be opening soon and as usual, government is not making proper arrangements for the amount of traffic that will be created. Daily Herald story
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline