TravelTalkOnline

Island Shirts

Posted By: cruzer

Island Shirts - 09/02/2017 11:49 PM

I'd really like to find a collared island shirt that says "St. Martin". Something like what the Secret Spot sells, but, collared...what my evening dress wear is. Any suggestions?

Any of the shirts they sold at Rimas way back when never excited me, so I'm wondering if they even exist on the island. I remember asking the lady at the Ma DouDou shop if she'd consider putting her bottle art on shirts, and she looked at me like the crazy American that I am.

So, do I have to go back to Hawaii to get nice shirts?
Posted By: biglar

Re: Island Shirts - 09/03/2017 02:26 AM

Do you want a buttoned collared shirt or a pull-over collared shirt? There are a few stores in Philipsburg that sell collared shirts. There is one that sells Jimmy Buffett shirts as well as a few other brands with the same idea in mind. All buttoned shirts and great for beach or evening wear. Only problem is I don't remember the name of it. I think it is close to, or very close to and across from, the bamboo store which is on the end of the Front Street closest to the Greenhouse Restaurant.
Posted By: transplantsxm

Re: Island Shirts - 09/04/2017 10:46 PM

The Shipwreck Shops sell very high quality polos. If you are looking for a short sleeved dress shirt, tell me if you find it!
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Island Shirts - 09/04/2017 11:36 PM

Not dress shirts per se but really nice looking collared shirts in cotton at blanc du nil (nothing but white) down I think #9 front Street near bamboo store who also have collared polos very nice in hot hot weather. Hubby likes both.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Island Shirts - 09/05/2017 12:42 AM

They also have a store in Maho.
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Island Shirts - 09/05/2017 12:49 AM

Blanc du nil also at airport.
Posted By: mahokid

Re: Island Shirts - 09/05/2017 03:41 AM

In Phillipsburg and Simpson Bay (near Cappuccino)there is a
store that sells reasonably priced sailing shirts of high quality. Sorry don't remember name of store.
Will check name on shirt when I get home and may be able to find name on shirt.
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Island Shirts - 09/05/2017 01:58 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I guess I forgot that Philipsburg shops sell things other than booze and jewelry, so I can check out some of the stores. Oh, and we have discovered Blanc du Nil as I've now bought around 4 or 5 shirts from them already.
Posted By: SXMSAMMY

Re: Island Shirts - 09/05/2017 02:16 PM

Here is the url for Rima: https://rimasxm.com/
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline