TravelTalkOnline

Royal Palm & Flamingo Beach Resort

Posted By: travelgal

Royal Palm & Flamingo Beach Resort - 09/07/2017 01:30 AM

We are suppose to be travelling to the island at the end of October for 3 weeks staying at the Flamingo and Royal Palm (3 bedroom corner unit at the marina entrance side). Does anyone have updates on these resorts? Also has anyone spoke to our friend Raymond (Flamingo). We are worried for his safety. Along with all others on the island. Just sick to my stomach and in tears watching all the videos and photos on what Irma has left behind. So sad for our island that we call home away from home.
Your Canadian friends. Rhonda & Keith
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Royal Palm & Flamingo Beach Resort - 09/07/2017 01:38 AM

As posted earlier, Royal Palm had a lot of water damage on lower floors. the unit you refer to would possibly be subject to more damage than other units. Potential for a lot of electrical damage also from the water. Not sure what to tell you about late Oct.

I have no specific information on Flamingo. I do know the Billy Folly Rd. area and La Vista Resort sustained pretty heavy damage.
Posted By: travelgal

Re: Royal Palm & Flamingo Beach Resort - 09/07/2017 02:16 AM

Thanks JD. It's hard to even plan a trip somewhere else when you so enjoy this island. Can't think of anywhere else to spend our vacation! But truthfully I don't see the island being ready for tourists within 7 to 8 weeks.
Posted By: Chicki

Re: Royal Palm & Flamingo Beach Resort - 09/07/2017 04:30 PM

I'm sorry, but I've been looking on info on The Royal Palm. Which thread is it mentioned in? TY
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Royal Palm & Flamingo Beach Resort - 09/07/2017 04:40 PM

This might give you some insight. Sent to me by email.
http://mailchi.mp/e42787a516b8/sxm-times...te?e=97002b7cee
Posted By: Chicki

Re: Royal Palm & Flamingo Beach Resort - 09/07/2017 05:18 PM

Thanks Scuba! Very much appreciate.
Posted By: CmVan10

Re: Royal Palm & Flamingo Beach Resort - 09/09/2017 01:50 AM

I would like to see some Royal Palm pictures but as of yet I haven't seen one pic.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline