TravelTalkOnline

Saving memories

Posted By: wetravel1

Saving memories - 09/10/2017 03:07 PM

Many of us have great memories of past vacations. Most of our pictures are us and food. However I decided to go a step further and go to restaurant sites and collect pics of the owners and workers, and general pics of the places, so that I have a larger memory to save. Besides FB pages, I am also using Yahoo images and specific restaurant sites. It all may be rebuilt but it will never be what it was. Also saving Irma damage to remind myself of how quickly things can change. You may want to do the same. On my HP, I click on the lower right corner of a pic, select ''save image as,'' name the pic, and it goes to my downloads as a jpg. I have a lot of great people and places I always want to remember from my favorite island.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Saving memories - 09/10/2017 04:33 PM

Some sites are copyrighted. Hope you get their permission.

Wendell
Posted By: wetravel1

Re: Saving memories - 09/10/2017 06:45 PM

Excellent point. I had no intention of sharing or reusing, but I will take a close look at that. You are right. Carried away in the moment.
Posted By: Ritchard

Re: Saving memories - 09/10/2017 07:21 PM

SXMWendell said:
Some sites are copyrighted. Hope you get their permission.

Wendell

Unless the images are used by Wettravel for commercial gain, it probably falls under fair use. If they are posted, attribution is important.
Posted By: Mantas

Re: Saving memories - 09/10/2017 07:27 PM

I think Wendell may have misunderstood the OP's idea.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Saving memories - 09/10/2017 07:31 PM

"specific restaurant sites" are usually copyrighted
Posted By: Mantas

Re: Saving memories - 09/10/2017 07:37 PM

Your browser stores many images on your computer as part of its cache and temporary internet files......saving images on your computer is no big deal regardless if the images are copyrighted or fair use. Posting them or selling them is another issue all together.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline