TravelTalkOnline

Heinekin Regatta still on?

Posted By: megamania

Heinekin Regatta still on? - 09/13/2017 05:53 PM

Because SXM is my go-to island for vacations,,of course I am following a lot of social media sites. I am also very saddened by what has happened to the people on this island, and also the devastation Irma has left in her tracks. Having said that...I have read more than once that the regatta is a go. I certainly do not believe this. Has anyone else read this. It is my understanding that the island and habitants are in a crisis situation. I for one, will return to the island to support them, as I know they rely heavily on tourists,,,BUT...will not even consider draining the limited resources . My guess it will take a minimum of a year to even think about going. This info that I read was on facebook and posted by The St. Maarten Heineken Regatta?? States the regatta will go ahead and it will be a very special edition indeed. Now I detest being negative, but am I missing something. For any on the island,,,stay strong and know we are all thinking of you at this time.
Posted By: thebowl

Re: Heinekin Regatta still on? - 09/13/2017 05:57 PM

According to the Yacht Club, yes. There is a thread a page or two back.

Re: Heinekin Regatta still on? - 09/13/2017 06:01 PM

Wow,,,that is thousands of extra tourists....just don't know how they will accomodate them. The dollars would be great, but people have to be realistic.....guess time will tell, thanks for the tip.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Heinekin Regatta still on? - 09/13/2017 06:22 PM

Regatta might be a go. But I doubt there will be enough housing for the racers little lone spectators by March.

Wendell
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Heinekin Regatta still on? - 09/13/2017 07:13 PM

Regatta

Just posted this morning.

Again and PLEASE and EVERYONE, take a minute to look back page or two before you ask a question. It may already be here. The more duplicate posts the board gets the farther back they go and the harder it gets to find anything.

Thank you.

Re: Heinekin Regatta still on? - 09/14/2017 12:23 AM

My apologies
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline