TravelTalkOnline

Passaat Info

Posted By: ruralcarrier

Passaat Info - 09/14/2017 01:01 PM

Sad to report the following from Mirian:

Dear All, finally an update on Passaat! We, Pieter, Mirian Ebbers & Goof are fine. We have a good place to stay. Passaat is gone, she sank in Simpson Bay Lagoon, but not without a battle, Pieter stayed on board as long as he could and then had to choose for himself. I stayed in Simpson Bay Resort.
Now we have moved to a little house in Guana Bay and are managing.
I will keep you posted.
Big hug!
Posted By: molldoll

Re: Passaat Info - 09/14/2017 03:56 PM

So sad. We went out on the Passaat each year. So sorry for Pieter and Mirian's lost as this means they also lost their home.
Posted By: DonLinda

Re: Passaat Info - 09/14/2017 04:06 PM

Our Sorrows to a great couple and wonderful vessel.
Posted By: pat

Re: Passaat Info - 09/14/2017 05:43 PM

Ditto.

We have done several trips on the Passat and loved both the boat and the owners. Sad as it is to lose such a lovely and IMHO, irreplaceable vessel, at least her owners are safe.
Posted By: kim

Re: Passaat Info - 09/14/2017 06:00 PM

Passatt

Not sure if this will work. Passat on 8/27 or 8/28 off Cupecoy

Re: Passaat Info - 09/14/2017 06:02 PM

I think they had recently installed a new sail.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Passaat Info - 09/14/2017 06:21 PM

That's correct. And Mirian told me another new one was scheduled for the following week . . . Irma's week.

I am especially sad about the loss of the Passaat as I spent many relaxing hours on the ship. Pieter and Mirian are wonderful people and hosts, and I mourn the loss of their livelihood.

Re: Passaat Info - 09/14/2017 07:20 PM

One of the better and more relaxing excursions one could do on SXM. I even got a little Labrador fix when on the boat.
Posted By: pattyrose

Re: Passaat Info - 09/14/2017 07:47 PM

So,sorry to hear this. Pieter and Miriam are great people,who have provided a great sunset sail,for us over the last several,years. I wish them only good things from here on out
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Passaat Info - 09/14/2017 07:50 PM

Do you think they may try to raise her?

I wonder about their friend Han. We sailed with him, and I believe his boat is the Condor.
EDIT: Just learned he came out ok, and sailed to Martinique after Irma.

Re: Passaat Info - 09/14/2017 08:43 PM

No idea and probably too early to tell.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline