TravelTalkOnline

Does anyone have a definitive date AA will resume

Posted By: rastaman

Does anyone have a definitive date AA will resume - 09/25/2017 05:59 PM

Hi All: I was scheduled to fly in on the 11th. AA changed that to the 17th. AA then changed that to the 25th. Now, they booked me on the first. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Does anyone have a definitive date AA will resume - 09/25/2017 06:01 PM

I really have not heard any kind of a date. One encouraging sign is that I did see a little blurb in the Daily Herald today that workers were working on repairing the fence around the airport. For security reasons, the will HAVE to have that fence repaired.
Posted By: sasasal

Re: Does anyone have a definitive date AA will resume - 09/25/2017 06:12 PM

We are very frustrated. Our home on Island is now vacant, no one around. front gate blown into street. My rental agent sent pictures but not heard after that... Seems if we do not go down, no one will do anything, on the other hand, could be dangerous with thieves stealing... I know we can not wait the winter to get there... Very frustrating...I am hoping they open up flights in the next few months...
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Does anyone have a definitive date AA will resume - 09/25/2017 06:39 PM

If you really want to get there now, the only currently available route is to fly to Pointe-a-Pitre in Guadeloupe, and then connect to the French Side airport on Air Antilles Express, Air Caraibes, or temporarily, St Barth Commuter.
Posted By: VitaMan

Re: Does anyone have a definitive date AA will resume - 09/25/2017 06:40 PM

I called AA on Saturday with the same question. I was told flights will resume on Oct 1st, subject to change depending on the conditions at the airport. I'm not holding my breath. Like sasasal, I would like to see the condition of our house, at least secure all the openings, assess the damage, and start to develop a plan for the necessary repairs.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Does anyone have a definitive date AA will resume - 09/25/2017 09:43 PM

Bahston said:
If you really want to get there now, the only currently available route is to fly to Pointe-a-Pitre in Guadeloupe, and then connect to the French Side airport on Air Antilles Express, Air Caraibes, or temporarily, St Barth Commuter.

But you have to be a resident and have papers to prove it.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Does anyone have a definitive date AA will resume - 09/25/2017 10:29 PM

Sasasal, have you contacted the people on Facebook who offered to help you? As I said there, I know them personally and you can trust them.

Re: Does anyone have a definitive date AA will resume - 09/25/2017 11:36 PM

I don't know, if commercial flights are open, then there would not be such restrictions. Have you seen that somewhere??
Posted By: wilsonck

Re: Does anyone have a definitive date AA will resume - 09/26/2017 12:37 AM

SXMscubaman

There are no requirements for entry (other than the usual) into St Martin for people using commercial flights landing at Grand Case. If people want to go, they can. The condos at Princess Heights at Dawn Beach and the private apartments at Porto Cupecoy suffered very little damage and are open for people to stay if someone chooses to go to the Island right now.
Posted By: PrairieGirl

Re: Does anyone have a definitive date AA will resume - 09/26/2017 01:10 AM

I think that Scubaman is making an observation that if you land on the French side and want to get to the Dutch side you might have difficulty? They WERE requiring papers to move back and forth between the Dutch/French sides, but I have no idea if that is still in force.
Posted By: wilsonck

Re: Does anyone have a definitive date AA will resume - 09/26/2017 02:55 AM

That was only being done for a couple of days. Both sides got together and decided to implement harmonized curfew times and after that border controls were stopped. I believe they might only be doing border controls during the 9 pm to 6 am curfew currently in effect.

Re: Does anyone have a definitive date AA will resume - 09/26/2017 12:12 PM

The curfew has now been extended to 9 PM.
Posted By: sasasal

Re: Does anyone have a definitive date AA will resume - 09/26/2017 01:25 PM

We finally have contact with our agency... I asked that she secure the house... front gate was blown into the street, if its not gone, perhaps it can be put back in place... Our only concern now is security... without it, could have much more damage... Repairs can come in time. We need to see the damage for ourself in order to have repairs done... You can not tell someone to repair in an email, or on phone... We need to be there... but yes there are many helpful folks that are willing to help.... My husband will fly when he can get there without flying all over the place, he is not a young man... So we wait....
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline