TravelTalkOnline

Construction supplies on island

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Construction supplies on island - 09/28/2017 04:23 PM

I received a note posted by Beachside Villas talking about repairing the villas, which contained in part the following statement "Supplies and tools that we have sent and have landed on the Island have not been made available to us. There is no roofing material on the Island available for purchase so we have had to send it in."

I wonder what that means, that the things they sent in have not been made available to them. Customs or someone has to examine all incoming cargo to make sure it doesn't have drugs in it or something?
Posted By: SXMDeepBleu

Re: Construction supplies on island - 09/28/2017 05:20 PM

I am shipping supplies to the island as well.
4 Star Cargo informed me that since the cargo port was just reopened, there are an enormous amount of containers that will not be opened until relief effort shipments are handled and carry priority. I was told that it would be 2-3 weeks until they would be ready to handle personal shipments and be able to release or deliver. I went ahead and arranged Air Cargo to reach them within a weeks time.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Construction supplies on island - 09/28/2017 05:24 PM

OK, thanks for the info. Makes sense.
Posted By: bethandsteve

Re: Construction supplies on island - 09/28/2017 06:50 PM

We shipped air cargo. Expensive but we lost part of the roof and glass doors ocean side. We wanted to get boarded up. Cargo reached St Martin Friday and boarded up by Tuesday. Now to get through insurance to get repairs done.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline