TravelTalkOnline

Mt vernon any progress or news

Posted By: PelicanPirate

Mt vernon any progress or news - 10/21/2017 07:15 PM

The pictures showed alot of roof and railing damage but it all looked repairable given materials and labor.

Anybody here of any plans or progress?

Havent heard from studiosxm, but booking.com and others have ads for availability. Dont know if they are hopeful or deceitful?

I hope they are hopeful and realistic.
Posted By: bluejacket

Re: Mt vernon any progress or news - 10/22/2017 12:02 PM

We haven't heard anything either. We've cancelled our plans for Christmas/New Year.
Just read this morning that Alamanda won't open until the Fall 2018. I guess it'd be at least as long for Mt. Vernon. Maybe even longer for Club O.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Mt vernon any progress or news - 10/22/2017 01:02 PM

As you know, "Mt. Vernon" is all individually owned. So it would be up to each individual owner whether their particular place would be habitable, so there's really no way to tell except to contact the individual owner. Has anyone heard from Thibault and Amaury?

I did see I think that the pizza place there has reopened, so that must mean there is electric and water in the complex.
Posted By: bluejacket

Re: Mt vernon any progress or news - 10/22/2017 03:14 PM

I tried to contact Amaury, but to no avail. I wonder how Bistrot Caraibes made it through.

Individually owned is key. There will mos def be widely varying repair timelines.
Great to hear the pizza place is open though. We love that place.
Posted By: pandpfromcanada

Re: Mt vernon any progress or news - 10/22/2017 09:03 PM

Friends of friends of ours heard from Thibealut and Aumery about 3 weeks ago.They were inquiring about their rental for mid February. They were told that their unit would be ready and that some of the units are ready to be occupied now. They were also told that the beach was like it was 30 years ago. I interpret that to mean no beach restaurants.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline