TravelTalkOnline

Luiz the Bathing suit guy

Posted By: EdB

Luiz the Bathing suit guy - 10/30/2017 02:12 AM

Just saw on FB......Luiz has built a small shack and has reopened his bathing suit business on Orient Beach. Glad to see that this is the beginning of the "Return of Orient Beach". Wish him much success....and hope we can continue to see PROGRESS on our favorite beach.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Luiz the Bathing suit guy - 10/30/2017 02:49 AM

He probably won't have much business for a few months as Orient Beach is empty right now.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Luiz the Bathing suit guy - 10/30/2017 03:33 AM

Or longer.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Luiz the Bathing suit guy - 10/30/2017 10:16 AM

I wonder if there was a proper permit involved with his "shack"?
Posted By: Teresasxm

Re: Luiz the Bathing suit guy - 10/30/2017 02:35 PM

He may not have many customers right now but the statement he is making and the spirit with which it was done must be commended. Way to go Luiz.

There is so much fighting going on right now within government, hopefully they'll just leave him alone.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Luiz the Bathing suit guy - 10/30/2017 02:37 PM

Government fighting on the French side too?
Posted By: EdB

Re: Luiz the Bathing suit guy - 10/31/2017 01:13 AM

My guess is no permit...looks like a quick temporary structure....but the good news is that he is trying to get back to a semi ''normal'' life. Will he be busy?? Probably not for a while....but at least he isn't staying home and doing nothing to try to get back to normal. I commend him for his quick reopening, and wish him all the luck in the world. As time goes on, I am sure his business will return stronger. His business is NO DIFFERENT than any of the restaurants...beach bars....chair rental guys....auto rental guys....etc. Will any of them be busy for now into the foreseeable future?? Probably not...and with most of the larger resorts (both timeshare and hotel) closed for the foreseeable future, the number of tourists coming to spend their money is way limited. I guess the old adage...''Only the strong will survive" will be the mantra for our special island. Praying for all the people of SXM.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline