TravelTalkOnline

Indigo Green buildings came through "unscathed"?

Posted By: AUCspouse

Indigo Green buildings came through "unscathed"? - 12/14/2017 09:30 PM

This press release by a building material manufacturer (not a dependable source of accurate reporting) claims that "The Indigo Green development [in Sint Maarten] was a notable exception [to the widespread destruction caused by Irma] – their structures survived virtually unscathed." Does anyone know if this is accurate?

Here's the link:
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases...-300569124.html
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: Indigo Green buildings came through "unscathed"? - 12/15/2017 01:58 AM

That's great they built them so well but just to bad the design is so so simple and almost ugly....IMO. It use to be a nice looking hillside driving by, now not so much. I know they are not finished yet so hopefully the end result looks better. Congrats on the no damage however.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Indigo Green buildings came through "unscathed"? - 12/15/2017 04:21 AM

Shortly after Irma, I saw a fairly lengthy video of the Indigo Bay area which I think was put together by the developer of that area. There was a lot of damage but, in retrospect, I don't think too much was structural. Unfortunately, I've been unable to find the video since I viewed it.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Indigo Green buildings came through "unscathed"? - 12/15/2017 02:07 PM

I would doubt they are totally unscathed. The concrete itself might be fine, but there would still have to be damage to a/c units, windows, etc., unless they had mighty fine storm shutters.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline