TravelTalkOnline

Mobil Passport App

Posted By: Buddyhog

Mobil Passport App - 12/16/2017 03:36 PM

Does anyone have any experience using this app to enter the U.S? Does every family member need to have this app and fill out the information or can just one person? Thanks
Posted By: 4Driver4

Re: Mobil Passport App - 12/16/2017 03:53 PM

I downloaded it, but wasn't clear on the benefit, especially if you have global pass....?
Posted By: PnPinNC

Re: Mobil Passport App - 12/16/2017 06:31 PM

We use it all the time. One person needs to have it installed.. but you have to have the information configured in it for every member of your traveling party. Very simple to setup. Basically, it allows you to do what you would normally do at the kiosk in customs, but you can do it on the plane as soon as you land. That lets you proceed past the kiosks. It's nothing like Global Entry, but it is a really nice shortcut. It's saved us a ton of time.
Posted By: marybeth

Re: Mobil Passport App - 12/16/2017 06:40 PM

We use it coming in thru ATL and we also have Global Express. Sometimes it's faster using Mobile App but it's only available in certain airports. It's super easy to set up & use, and I usually update all the flight info before I even leave the airplane.
Posted By: kneafseym

Re: Mobil Passport App - 12/17/2017 01:12 AM

I have GE, but use this with the family. It is faster than GE and some airports don't have GE late (DFW after 6pm). One person has it on their phone, takes a minute to add each family member. You open the app when you are on the plane, select the family members flying and answer the standard questions. At immigration you walk through,faster than GE as you don't scan your passport and fingerprints. At customs they take an IPAD and scan each persons QR code next to their name. Some places this is quick, others not so fast. I had a delay at DFW the other evening, but not a big deal. Mobile Passport is the way to go!
Posted By: irish1223

Re: Mobil Passport App - 12/18/2017 01:36 AM

We used it for the first time coming home from Curacao this past October and loved it. Very easy to do and we bypassed the long lines and got through quickly.
Posted By: joyonthebeach

Re: Mobil Passport App - 12/18/2017 04:43 AM

I recommend it! It allows you to go into a much shorter line.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline