TravelTalkOnline

Wondering

Posted By: SurferMike

Wondering - 01/07/2018 09:01 PM

Wondering about restaurants White Swan in Simpson Bay and Boca on Airport Road Simpson Bay. Looking for the name of the small little Italian Restaurant tucked behind Cheri's in Maho and if it is open? Thanks
Posted By: Bigdaddy

Re: Wondering - 01/07/2018 10:18 PM

Pizza Pasta...gone Boca....gone
Posted By: candj

Re: Wondering - 01/07/2018 10:34 PM

Do you mean La Rosa?
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Wondering - 01/07/2018 11:41 PM

White Swan is our personal friends and they are open. Food always good.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Wondering - 01/08/2018 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bigdaddy
Pizza Pasta...gone Boca....gone

Selene of Pizza Pasta has not made a decision yet about re-opening. The pictures were horrible. There is also a lengthly insurance issue.
Posted By: ARC

Re: Wondering - 01/08/2018 03:09 AM

My wife and I loved Pizza Pasta! Great food, we made it there at least twice during our week visits. I was wondering how they made it through hurricane. I never saw any pictures. They always seemed to have a good crowd in the evenings. Sorry to hear about the destruction. Hope everything works out so she can reopen. Very nice lady.
Posted By: sasasal

Re: Wondering - 01/08/2018 03:05 PM

Having a home on Island, and spending at least 3 months there in winter, we cook in alot, but when we do go out to eat!!! White swan is our first choice... Great food, always fresh... And we get to see our friend Nadia, Hope to see her soon, after some needed repairs...
Posted By: BEACHBUMAL

Re: Wondering - 01/08/2018 04:41 PM

I think the restaurant is La Trattoria. One of are favorites. Have not heard any news about it surviving hurricane. Can only hope.

Re: Wondering - 01/08/2018 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by ARC
My wife and I loved Pizza Pasta! Great food, we made it there at least twice during our week visits. I was wondering how they made it through hurricane. I never saw any pictures. They always seemed to have a good crowd in the evenings. Sorry to hear about the destruction. Hope everything works out so she can reopen. Very nice lady.

ARC, you can see her posting from November, and damage pictures here:
https://www.facebook.com/pizzapastatrattoria/
Posted By: ARC

Re: Wondering - 01/09/2018 02:38 AM

Thanks for the link Beach Kitten. Sad to see those pictures.
Posted By: Wiskyagogo

Re: Wondering - 01/09/2018 02:23 PM

The Italian place we've always gone to behind Cheri's is La Rosa. I do hope they're still open.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Wondering - 01/09/2018 05:11 PM

La Rosa is not open at this point.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Wondering - 01/09/2018 09:02 PM

LaRosa did change hands about two years ago. Last time we were there it was a dissapointment.

Re: Wondering - 01/09/2018 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Wiskyagogo
The Italian place we've always gone to behind Cheri's is La Rosa. I do hope they're still open.

IMO La Rosa wasn't actually behind Cheri's. It was way down near the medical center and strip club. Behind the Pharmacy-ish.
Posted By: WLE

Re: Wondering - 01/10/2018 01:16 AM

I believe the right name is La Rosa Too
Posted By: EWortman

Re: Wondering - 01/10/2018 02:30 PM

I heard that La Rosa Two was just doing lunch. The ownership did change, but as of 2016 the old owner an older woman still went to dinner there, and was keeping an I on Yolanda and her husband, i love the place, and hope everything will be well when we return in October at the Belair!
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Wondering - 03/30/2018 03:32 PM

Anyone know if La Rosa Too has opened back up?
Posted By: WLE

Re: Wondering - 03/30/2018 05:35 PM

Stop by there about the first of March and talked to one of the fellows that has been there for years and he told us that it would be a couple of months, as they had just started construction rebuilding the wall and windows on the side by the rocks in dining area. It appeared that the bar area had very little damage.

Re: Wondering - 03/31/2018 12:52 PM

Thanks. Will be there in May and hoping they will be open by then.
Posted By: Nowhatched

Re: Wondering - 03/31/2018 09:41 PM

If you mean La Rosa, they are not open but looked pretty close. Lots of work going on there.

Re: Wondering - 03/31/2018 09:48 PM

Thanks for the info.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline