TravelTalkOnline

Wheels down & we have arrived!

Posted By: jeepers

Wheels down & we have arrived! - 01/10/2018 01:06 AM

Delta flight went smooth landed on time! Our family eagerly watching the offline message on the beachcam . It was emotional flying in over the bay knowing we were the blip on the horizon about to land at Princess Juliana. People cheered & on landing a grounds person came on board & thanked us for visiting & our loyalty!
Emotional time as we did not expect to be here in January. Everyone we have encountered is happy to see us. Baggage went well we only bought 1 checked bag to help out. Air France had already gone through. Gus was waiting & off we came to Monreve. Super U had everything we wanted very busy. Ate dinner in Marigot at Bistro de la Mer great food. Arhawak is also open. Met a couple who purchased catamaran in France & sailed it to St Martin. Marigot harbour full of yachts.
Drove to Philipsburg bought a pendant & other items. Ate at greenhouse for lunch. Chicken beer battered & rolled in coconut with pineapple sauce yum.He had roti chicken with a sauce also good. Dinner was at home overlooking pools with baguette, rolled ham, edam cheese, Bordeaux wine! I sent photos to BeachKitten so she can hopefully post them on this new format.
Also the shipwreck store is open so I scored some calendars. We went to Tijon to get hubby cologne & they have a new one called Apres Vous in honour of Irma. It is excellent & I got a lovely shawl for over my shoulders in case it gets below 86 degrees Fahrenheit. Not trying to be mean just telling it as it is. Lol.
We call it "velvet air". That's it for today. Will be visiting Friars Bay tomorrow.
Posted By: blackmercedes

Re: Wheels down & we have arrived! - 01/10/2018 01:46 AM

Isn't it the BEST FEELING in the world...touching down?!!!! I always video it so we can remember the moment.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Wheels down & we have arrived! - 01/10/2018 01:47 AM

Lynn, thank you, I received two pictures from you. I'm guessing you took them on an iPone or smartphone? We are having issues testing phone pics as they appear sideways.

Your report sounds FUN! Continue enjoying your trip.

Re: Wheels down & we have arrived! - 01/10/2018 02:03 AM

From Jeepers:

Overlooking the pools sitting in “velvet air” dining with fresh baguette, rolled ham, Edam cheese & French Bordeaux wine by candlelight.
For dessert apple pie with black currants & carte noire coffee.
Fabulous.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Wheels down & we have arrived! - 01/10/2018 03:13 AM

Thanks for the report. Sounds like your decision to go is boding well.
Posted By: doctorj

Re: Wheels down & we have arrived! - 01/10/2018 04:23 AM

Thank you for the report. It certainly makes me want to get back in the spring and support the Island and it’s great people. Although our resort needs rebuilding it is the Island and the friendships that will bring us back.
Carib cheers,
doctorj

Re: Wheels down & we have arrived! - 01/10/2018 05:05 PM

From Jeepers...the pools at Mon Reve

[Linked Image]
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Wheels down & we have arrived! - 01/10/2018 09:01 PM

Glad to hear you arrived safely and all went well with your flight. Sounds like you have been busy since arrival and even bought calendars! Enjoy the rest of your trip and of course the warm weather.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline