TravelTalkOnline

First attempt uploading a picture

Posted By: PelicanPirate

First attempt uploading a picture - 01/13/2018 07:39 PM

[img]https://www.google.com/search?q=mt+vernon+st+martin+ocean+view&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=minv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiC-53e19XYAhVEw4MKHbZ5D5oQ_AUIEigC&biw=1024&bih=661#imgrc=N136aWSpaiTCuM:[/img]

Not our pciture but nearly identical to our view from Studio SXM balcony
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: First attempt uploading a picture - 01/13/2018 07:41 PM

Guess i didnt domsomething right
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: First attempt uploading a picture - 01/13/2018 08:02 PM

Eric in his post said the ability to posting the forum is not yet working
Posted By: Eric_Hill

Re: First attempt uploading a picture - 01/13/2018 08:23 PM

With the image tag, you need the full .jpg address. I do not know that google images allow you to do that?
Posted By: boucharda

Re: First attempt uploading a picture - 01/13/2018 08:25 PM

I tried from Google photos before and it won't display directly

Re: First attempt uploading a picture - 01/13/2018 08:30 PM

The ability to upload directly to the regular forums is not available yet. Meaning that is takes a lot more stuff on my end to make happen. Our testers did a fantastic job, so now it is just me making it happen. The photo galleries are stage one, and the direct forum uploads is stage two.

But also working on another thing to two at the same time.

It will come pretty soon. But also the same basic process for doing the gallery will apply to the forum attachments. And the gallery is easier to do the first time, so that is why I started them first. That and you can also link to the gallery photo in a post now even using the image tag.

Re: First attempt uploading a picture - 01/13/2018 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by boucharda
I tried from Google photos before and it won't display directly

That is what I thought, but was not sure. Many sites prohibit pulling to another site. Which I understand completely.

Photobucket on the other hand, that is what they set out to do. But guess the load was too much and that is why they changed their model completely.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: First attempt uploading a picture - 01/13/2018 08:50 PM

Ok...I may have figured out the Amazon/Google photos thing. Open the pic in whichever....download to destop (or another location) and just upload that pic....worked just now with Amazon

Just one more intermediate step

This really helps since, for most smartphone users, there is an option to have their pics are auto-uploaded to both services
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline