TravelTalkOnline

New Boat for Owners of the Passaat

Posted By: ruralcarrier

New Boat for Owners of the Passaat - 01/14/2018 03:30 PM

LINK

Going to be a little different than the Passaat.

Direct Facebook Link
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: New Boat for Owners of the (late) Passaat - 01/14/2018 03:33 PM

Thrilled about this! And Neil has promised I can spend my birthday on his new boat. March!!!!! And Random wind has a new boat ready soon. Now if only JabJabs would clean theirs up we're all set.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: New Boat for Owners of the (late) Passaat - 01/14/2018 05:45 PM

That will certainly be a VERY different experience than Passaat.

I see that Han helped with the endeavor. He's a cool dude! Hubby did some laser sailing with him.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: New Boat for Owners of the Passaat - 01/14/2018 08:38 PM

So happy for them and yes, it will be a very different experience. Looks as though my June trip (assuming Divi is ready) will be full of "water adventures." Happy early birthday, Elaine! love
Posted By: islandgem

Re: New Boat for Owners of the Passaat - 01/15/2018 01:37 AM

I wish they had not changed the name for the new boat. It would have been nice to call it the New Passaat. It had a lot of meaning for many who had the privelege of sailing on her and had established a great reputation.Perhaps the owners just wanted to forget those memories and begin again.😥
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: New Boat for Owners of the Passaat - 01/15/2018 02:39 AM

I really don't blame them, as this new boat is SO different, I think there would be blowback from calling the new boat Passaat.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: New Boat for Owners of the Passaat - 01/15/2018 04:26 AM

I thought they should call it the NEW PASSAAT. I understand not calling it PASSAAT. Neil kept the name CELINE in his Second boat which was a nice touch. Wondering what he might call his new boat.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: New Boat for Owners of the Passaat - 01/15/2018 11:23 AM

All three boats will be very different. Sad, but good.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: New Boat for Owners of the Passaat - 01/15/2018 02:17 PM

The Celines were at least both cats. Totally different kind of boats, Passaat and this 'thing'. Looks pretty weird to me..
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: New Boat for Owners of the Passaat - 01/15/2018 02:24 PM

I agree, Carol. As happy as I am that the owners of Passaat have a new boat, I'll miss the old schooners. Random Wind has also been replaced with a trimaran.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: New Boat for Owners of the Passaat - 01/15/2018 06:47 PM

I don't think Mariam will be doing any cooking on that thing.

Sitting at the table and talking with others was always nice.

So very sad for them that they lost not only their business, but their home. Guess they have to get a place on shore now.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: New Boat for Owners of the Passaat - 01/15/2018 08:32 PM

Yep, it won't be the same; but certainly more of a disaster for them than for us! I'll miss seeing her sailing by at sunset. We used to love watching that from Marty's pool bar.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline