TravelTalkOnline

Share button?

Posted By: GaKaye

Share button? - 01/21/2018 02:56 PM

I just noticed a share button on the bottom of a thread. Curious, I clicked on it, and it brought me to my Facebook page, with the option of sharing the post. Does this mean that anything posted on TTOL can be shared to Facebook now? Not sure I'm happy about that.
Posted By: Eric_Hill

Re: Share button? - 01/21/2018 03:25 PM

I assume that is the case with the share thru your facebook account. The share button was there before and as far as I know it worked the same. The update took out the bugs with it and added the Like button.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Share button? - 01/21/2018 03:25 PM

Sorry, I'm not sure what the issue is? Unlike the closed Facebook pages, anyone on earth can read TTOL now. They can't respond, but anyone can read what is posted here now. That's why there are always tons of anons online, like right now, 186. I'm not on any of those Facebook groups, but I assume, without knowing, that people post links to TTOL there now, unless someone removes them, which is up to them. So, it's not like anyone can't read what is here now.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Share button? - 01/21/2018 05:31 PM

I hadn't really thought of that, but I guess it's true. In the closed Facebook groups, I feel comfortable posting something I wouldn't want my mother-in-law to see. smile I only belong to one SXM Facebook group, and I've not seen any links to TTOL there; doesn't mean it's not been done though.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Share button? - 01/21/2018 05:59 PM

Honestly, even if it's on a closed group, anything that is posted on the net, you really cannot expect that it won't show up somewhere you don't want. How many people have been fired because they posted something on their personal Facebook page and their boss didn't like it???
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline