TravelTalkOnline

orient beach

Posted By: merit

orient beach - 01/21/2018 06:27 PM

are you able to rent chairs and umbrellas yet? We are planning on returning in October and wonder if the beach is open?
Posted By: pwarrick

Re: orient beach - 01/21/2018 06:35 PM

If you look at this video on YouTube, supposedly recorded 3 weeks ago (January 1), it breaks your heart but is a good indication that it's going to be awhile before they're back.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6czN2PPPX3A
Posted By: pwarrick

Re: orient beach - 01/21/2018 06:37 PM

Might want to check Facebook, according to their newsletter dated October 2. newsletter@cluborient.com

Clubologotab larger
PerchLite2

The new “Perch Lite” Rising!
Paradise is not lost, and one of the best parts of our little piece of paradise here at Club Orient – is already returning! Some of our maintenance staff have been busy resurrecting the Perch Bar & Grill which was swept away by Hurricane Irma a few weeks ago. They have gathered up around 200 beach chairs from their far-flung locations and, as soon as this weekend or early next week, we will begin serving cold beer and tasty burgers from our “Perch Lite” location on the once-again beautiful beach. These workers are doing this purely on a volunteer basis to ensure that we honor our commitment to you to rebuild the resort and bring back “Club O!” Please stay tuned for more updates on our rebuilding operation – and enjoy the sunshine wherever you are!

Follow us on Facebook for additional updates
facebook instagram twitter

©2017 Club Orient | 1 Baie Orientale 97150 Saint-Martin, French West Indies
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: orient beach - 01/21/2018 08:00 PM

Club Orient definitely is renting chairs and umbrellas, yes. Or, you can go further down the beach and bring your own chairs and bring your own food and drink. Yes, the beach is open, because it is a public beach and anyone can come, at any time. The beach is still beautiful and welcoming..
Posted By: jeepers

Re: orient beach - 01/21/2018 09:51 PM

Club o beach very busy today,the perch lite hopping. Massage lady open,boutique almost ready. Lots of umbrellas! Chez Leandra has chairs & container building (pics sent to Beachkitten). Food & washrooms also sitting area up by container. The guy told my husband we can't wait 2 years for France. Met many new lovely people on beach. That's the only container there for restaurants so far.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: orient beach - 01/21/2018 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by jeepers
Club o beach very busy today,the perch lite hopping. Massage lady open,boutique almost ready. Lots of umbrellas! Chez Leandra has chairs & container building (pics sent to Beachkitten). Food & washrooms also sitting area up by container. The guy told my husband we can't wait 2 years for France. Met many new lovely people on beach. That's the only container there for restaurants so far.

OMG That is such good news.... see you in march 2018
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: orient beach - 01/21/2018 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by jeepers

Here is more from Jeepers:

Sand coming back at Maho

[Linked Image]

Delta coming in
[Linked Image]

Shorebird
[Linked Image]

Chez Leandra’s / restaurant & restrooms, storage

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: candj

Re: orient beach - 01/21/2018 11:30 PM

Does anyone know if there is security at Club O yet?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: orient beach - 01/21/2018 11:35 PM

Beachkitten--thanks for posting the pictures..
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: orient beach - 01/21/2018 11:39 PM

Thanks for the great pics to you and jeepers.............. It's good to see the rock come back to life through the eyes on the ground!

Re: orient beach - 01/22/2018 12:09 AM

You are welcome! My thanks to BeachKitten for her help posting photos!
I forgot to say the gendarmes are present & patrolling nicely. Also Max's place in grand case is open.he has that little space by the pier & serves crepes, coffee & alcoholic drinks.
Posted By: outofthebox

Re: orient beach - 01/22/2018 01:12 AM

jeepers - I saw you note “that boutique is almost ready.” Are you referring to the boutique that was attached to the Club O front desk / offices? Thanks!
Posted By: sxmBoston

Re: orient beach - 01/22/2018 01:18 AM

Not really. Cedrick was there when we were there ( 4 weeks ago) But that’s it. Since the resort isn’t open, they really have a skeleton crew there

Why do you ask about security?

Re: orient beach - 01/22/2018 01:30 PM

No, they are building a small boutique near the perch lite hoping to sell some items. Hoping it'll be done before we leave.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: orient beach - 01/22/2018 01:45 PM

We're there typically twice a week and have seen no security yet
Posted By: islandgem

Re: orient beach - 01/22/2018 11:10 PM

Thanks for sharing your vacation experiences. Happy to hear you are having a good time in spite of the circumstances.

Re: orient beach - 01/23/2018 12:15 AM

It's been a great trip. So many stories people are sharing. One week left. We feel a part of the island.
I'm happy to let everyone know there is lots available.
Posted By: Jay&Kath

Re: orient beach - 01/23/2018 05:25 AM

I am very curious to know what is and isn't open on orient beach. 6 of us coming in June and I am wondering about the beach bars, restaraunt, etc. Our villa is in good shape and ready to go, but I haven't heard much else. June is still a ways away I know. Just wondering. Thanks everyone in advance.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline