TravelTalkOnline

whatever happened to..places/businesses

Posted By: jimnjudy

whatever happened to..places/businesses - 01/27/2018 03:16 PM

The second thread I would like to start is about places/businesses. To date we have read nothing about the Calmos in Grand Case and have heard only that the market area in Marigot is almost barren. If you have any info or would like to pose a question about a business or place you haven't heard about maybe this thread can get us more info. Thanks for the help Carol...jimnjudy
Posted By: sxmsandbum

Re: whatever happened to..places/businesses - 01/27/2018 04:30 PM

I saw that Pizza Galley got destroyed. Any word what JP and Lorna will do? Will they rebuild?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: whatever happened to..places/businesses - 01/27/2018 05:20 PM

Calmos was basically destroyed, although they supposedly are going to rebuild. I saw at one point that they had a gofundme campaign.
Posted By: MarkKhoury

Re: whatever happened to..places/businesses - 01/27/2018 05:44 PM

We love the hillside crêpe place that overlooks Orient Bay (on the road to Grand Case). It looked very vulnerable. Anyone have news?
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: whatever happened to..places/businesses - 01/28/2018 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by sxmsandbum
I saw that Pizza Galley got destroyed. Any word what JP and Lorna will do? Will they rebuild?

No idea on what they are doing but the initial pictures showed just the pilings were left. He lost a boat years ago and came back so hopefully he will again.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: whatever happened to..places/businesses - 01/28/2018 11:31 AM

Heard talk he want's to rebuild, but not in that location. Another rumor to add to the grist. Pizza Galley
Posted By: jimamytx

Re: whatever happened to..places/businesses - 01/28/2018 12:15 PM

We are here now and drove by the place that serves crepes on the hilltop overlooking Orient. The restaurant and all of the shops are closed. Couldn't see how extensive the damage is as we were driving by. There is a chain across the driveway that enters the place.
Jim and Amy
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: whatever happened to..places/businesses - 01/28/2018 04:51 PM

You're referring to Paradise View, I think. They, along with La Croissanterie, were our two favorite breakfast places. The last I read, was that PV plans to reopen (despite major damage) but, sadly, not LC.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline