TravelTalkOnline

Battery operated train in Marigot

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Battery operated train in Marigot - 02/16/2018 02:14 PM

Daily Herald link

If this project actually becomes reality, I think it would be a good addition to the St. Martin tourism product. I've thought for a long time there should be some type of a trolley on the Dutch side also.
Posted By: irina

Re: Battery operated train in Marigot - 02/16/2018 06:16 PM

How are the taxi drivers taking it? They are pretty strong. They deliver a lot of votes.

Re: Battery operated train in Marigot - 02/16/2018 06:46 PM

Well, this thing isn't actually operational yet, supposed to start around June. I assume it will actually start up, but anything is possible in SXM. But I don't see actually how the taxi drivers could stop it?
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Battery operated train in Marigot - 02/16/2018 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Daily Herald link

If this project actually becomes reality, I think it would be a good addition to the St. Martin tourism product. I've thought for a long time there should be some type of a trolley on the Dutch side also.

I agree for the Dutch Side. We have suggested this to Divi to have a tram, as Divi does in Aruba, to take people down the hill into town and back. They said it had "supposedly" been proposed to the Gov't and didn't pass. But I think maybe Divi just didn't want people leaving the complex for other restaurants.
Posted By: weeks5051

Re: Battery operated train in Marigot - 02/16/2018 08:12 PM

Where would this trolley operate as far as the street goes? There's basically only one lane of traffic.

Re: Battery operated train in Marigot - 02/16/2018 10:26 PM

Not sure if you're talking about Marigot or on the Dutch side, but I have to assume it will operate on the regular street. In Marigot, the traffic never moves very fast anyway.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline