TravelTalkOnline

ATM in cruise port terminal?

Posted By: h2olvr

ATM in cruise port terminal? - 02/19/2018 01:15 PM

Is there an ATM in the cruise Port Terminal? If so, does it dispense in euros?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: ATM in cruise port terminal? - 02/19/2018 02:20 PM

Are you talking about the Dutch side cruise terminal? Because if so, I don't know whether there is one or not, but since the Euro is NOT legal currency in Dutch SXM, even if there were an ATM, it would NOT dispense Euros. And why do you need them?? Dollars are used everywhere on island with no problem. Sometimes you don't get the best exchange rate if you pay in dollars on the French side, but I have never had anyone refuse to accept dollars, on either side of the island.

Re: ATM in cruise port terminal? - 02/19/2018 03:23 PM

Thank you for the reply. Yes we will muchbe in the Dutch Port. St. Martin is our first stop so I thought I would pick up some euros if I need them for future stops. We will be in Marigot on a tour, so I may be able to find an ATM there.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: ATM in cruise port terminal? - 02/19/2018 03:54 PM

Are you going to Guadelupe or Martinique? I haven't been to either one of them for a long time, but not at all sure you would need Euros there either, if you stay in the main tourist areas.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: ATM in cruise port terminal? - 02/19/2018 04:01 PM

The time we had cruise stops in Martinique we used dollars without any problems.

Re: ATM in cruise port terminal? - 02/19/2018 05:03 PM

Looks like dollars will work fine. Thank you for the replies.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: ATM in cruise port terminal? - 02/19/2018 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by h2olvr
Looks like dollars will work fine. Thank you for the replies.

Your US$$$ will be welcome anywhere and this way you will not be stuck getting rid of any extra Euros you might have.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline