TravelTalkOnline

PJIA Arrival and departure

Posted By: BillandElaine

PJIA Arrival and departure - 03/13/2018 04:12 PM

If you would like to see the current situation for departing and in progress for arrivals, check out pictures from Soc at Island 92

https://www.facebook.com/pg/I92SXM/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10156333276704783
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: PJIA Arrival and departure - 03/13/2018 04:25 PM

Looks pretty decent. Friend who arrived over the weekend mentioned traffic being an issue.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: PJIA Arrival and departure - 03/13/2018 04:35 PM

Saturday? Some things never change.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: PJIA Arrival and departure - 03/13/2018 04:37 PM

Sunday actually. It sounded like the routing of traffic, car rentals, etc. was hectic. I am not there so I don't know.
Posted By: PattyH

Re: PJIA Arrival and departure - 03/13/2018 05:54 PM

I came home last Friday, and I have to agree I was surprised how well the arrivals and departures worked for SXM. The traffic didn't seem that bad to us, but we try not to travel during peak times. I also mention the airport has the Shipwreck Shop in it, well stocked. They lost so many of their stores to Irma, I was happy to see them there. What I didn't understand, when we were showing our passports and airline tickets, before we were being boarded on buses, the Delta terminal was having about every third person tapped for bag screening and body pat-downs, which was excessive. We did customs in Atlanta, and granted it was very busy, but there were so many people prodding you in every which direction, that was overkill. Customs must have relaxed the rule about no phones, there were several people on their phones while in line.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: PJIA Arrival and departure - 03/13/2018 08:11 PM

We had no problems on a Thursday arrival March 1 and departure Thursday March 8. Saw Doc'd photos but what is NOT shown is the waiting outside for checked luggage.

When we departed there were a couple of men at the left before boarding bus and I told hubby to NOT look at them. Man behind us immediately looked left while asking me why. They pulled him out of line. Not sure if they used a certain numbered person or those who looked them in the eye.

On arrival we walked to immigration. When we departed they busses us to the plane.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline