TravelTalkOnline

Hotels in Miami

Posted By: SXMNorm

Hotels in Miami - 03/22/2018 01:38 AM

Called AA last night and got reservations on the Saturday morning flight to St Louis. So I've got the expense of a night in Miami, probably staying at the hotel connected to Miami Airport. Any words of advice?
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Hotels in Miami - 03/22/2018 04:22 AM

Norm - Most of the rooms at the Miami Int'l Hotel are very small. However, there's a room on the top floor (I think it's #714, but don't quote me) that is downright spacious. If space is important to you, you might want to request that room.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Hotels in Miami - 03/22/2018 12:53 PM

Norm, you might want to start a new thread with your Miami hotel question. Since the heading of this one is Charlotte hotels, you may not get responses if people don't read through the entire thread.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Hotels in Miami - 03/22/2018 01:17 PM

Georgia--I went ahead and did that.
Posted By: SXMNorm

Re: Hotels in Miami - 03/22/2018 01:19 PM

Thank you.

Re: Hotels in Miami - 03/22/2018 01:22 PM

No problem. We stayed at the Miami Airport hotel years ago and they had a lovely rooftop deck with a pool. I believe the pool is no longer there now, unfortunately.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Hotels in Miami - 03/22/2018 01:30 PM

I have used the La Quinta INN, has airport shuttle, about 5 minute ride, continental breakfast, airline help stay there

Wendell
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Hotels in Miami - 03/22/2018 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
No problem. We stayed at the Miami Airport hotel years ago and they had a lovely rooftop deck with a pool. I believe the pool is no longer there now, unfortunately.

Yes. The pool is gone along with the exercise room.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Hotels in Miami - 03/22/2018 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by jazzgal
Norm - Most of the rooms at the Miami Int'l Hotel are very small. However, there's a room on the top floor (I think it's #714, but don't quote me) that is downright spacious. If space is important to you, you might want to request that room.

We stayed in that room once before. It's huge.

Re: Hotels in Miami - 03/22/2018 02:59 PM

That's too bad. It made for a lovely time, prior to heading back to the cold North.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Hotels in Miami - 03/22/2018 09:22 PM

I’m sure there are many good ones, we recently stayed in the Staybridge suites at Doral on both ends of a cruise.

We liked the rooms, breakfast fair enough and a Miller’s Ale House restaurant in the parking lot had good food and service.

Free shuttle from airport.

Shuttle will also take you to a nice Walmart and Sams Club down the street if you forgot something like sunscreen and flipflops.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline