TravelTalkOnline

Road construction and Traffic

Posted By: sxmmartini

Road construction and Traffic - 03/25/2018 01:08 PM

Found a video thru fb that has a positive spin on road construction and traffic.
Cruise ship tourists are caught in the mess and sitting in traffic.
Cruise ship tourist report that after being stuck in traffic for over 45 minutes they left the taxi and walked back to town.

here is the link.... https://www.facebook.com/ianadolphusthomas/videos/2097939117117665/
Posted By: karenv_ma

Re: Road construction and Traffic - 03/25/2018 03:20 PM

Hi All,

Will be arriving on 4/24. This will be trip #10 to the island, and we have seen the many postings/updates on what to expect after Irma. We always rent a car & travel around. Wondering if anyone can give info on where this "road" construction is happening & how bad is it. Should we avoid certain areas? I couldn't tell from the video where that was taken. I thought that we would see some of this, but also thought that it might not be that bad since the number of tourists coming are reduced. I'm sure we can't avoid it all together, but just hope we don't spend too much time stuck in traffic. Thanks for any info. I'm constantly checking posts for updated info with our trip coming soon. Thanks to everyone that keeps updating the situation.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Road construction and Traffic - 03/25/2018 03:24 PM

As far as I know, this particular road construction is on the road going to the cruise port. Not sure how far it's backed up from there.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Road construction and Traffic - 03/25/2018 03:26 PM

No Worries the road construction is from the round about to Point Blanche where the cruise ship port is.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Road construction and Traffic - 03/25/2018 04:40 PM

So, getting to Bobby's Marina would be an issue.....yuck
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Road construction and Traffic - 03/25/2018 05:35 PM

Yes we were stuck for about 45 mins too on our way to Chesterfield's only to find it closed. Someone told us they opened a trench for cabling.
Posted By: sxmsandbum

Re: Road construction and Traffic - 04/10/2018 11:28 PM

Wondering when you think this road work might be finished. We are arriving on a cruise mid June and would rather rent a car or take taxi than give the money to the ship. But also don't want to miss the ship due to traffic delays.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Road construction and Traffic - 04/11/2018 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by sxmsandbum
Wondering when you think this road work might be finished. We are arriving on a cruise mid June and would rather rent a car or take taxi than give the money to the ship. But also don't want to miss the ship due to traffic delays.

Island time is hard to predict. Kind of in their own time zone. Lol
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Road construction and Traffic - 04/11/2018 10:49 AM

Take a water taxi to town, get taxi there. Go back the same way. Although I believe it will be completed on THAT road by then.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline