TravelTalkOnline

Air port

Posted By: DICKG

Air port - 04/04/2018 12:22 PM

I have not seen any report lately on the progress or lack of at the airport , does anyone have any information !
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Air port - 04/04/2018 12:31 PM

Posted about 10 days ago.

http://www.traveltalkonline.com/ubb...al-pavilion-in-operation.html#Post157576
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Air port - 04/04/2018 12:35 PM

Does that drawing of the new traffic pattern make any sense to other people, as it is somewhat unintelligible to me..
Posted By: Wingman

Re: Air port - 04/04/2018 12:55 PM

We've been here a little over a week. They have been working every day on the terminal. On Friday, we saw a crane lifting materials on the roof of the terminal. I've also seen small dump trucks going in and out of the terminal. They removed the doors on all the entrances and there's been trucks going in and out of them. At night, they board them up with plywood. I can't say that it's a "gung ho" effort on working on the terminal, looks rather minimal, but that's just opinion. I really don't know what exactly is going on.
Posted By: pat

Re: Air port - 04/04/2018 12:59 PM

Thank you, Carol, for your honesty.

I looked at it. And then looked again. I enlarged it and looked again.

And finally said, “Huh?” And gave up trying to understand it, figuring I’ll deal with it all the first time we’re lucky enough to go back!
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Air port - 04/04/2018 01:28 PM

It basically means you have to park in the regular parking lot, no going in driveway by the terminal which is where everyone's been parking when the arrivals were on the other side.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Air port - 04/04/2018 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Does that drawing of the new traffic pattern make any sense to other people, as it is somewhat unintelligible to me..

Oh thank goodness somebody said it! lol

I kept looking, enlarging it (which made the text blurry) and none of it made much sense!

Figured I'd just go with the flow when we get there! I've already been told to exit the airport tent, go left and look for someone "by the container".....um? container? smile
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Air port - 04/04/2018 02:26 PM

OK, I guess one needs to have been there since Irma for it to make sense. Will figure it out eventually..
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Air port - 04/04/2018 02:41 PM

I'm sure going to miss the executive lounge!
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Air port - 04/04/2018 02:52 PM

Departure parking was just before the circle (statue & signs of islands ex: Saba, SXM etc) on left going toward airport but now it's moved to the regular parking lot.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Air port - 04/04/2018 02:59 PM

The first one they posted was WORSE! So much criticism, they pulled it and published a clearer one!
Posted By: Angelface

Re: Air port - 04/04/2018 03:29 PM

When leaving last week, even after given instructions on where to go, it was SO CONFUSING. There's no clear sign that says "ENTER HERE or PASSENGER DROP OFF". We literally said "eh, cops will stop us if this isn't right." LOL.

The new departure tent is a pleasure compared to the baggage area we waited in back in October. We picked up yummy sandwiches, some wine and the air was adequate. It was crowded, but everyone had a seat.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Air port - 04/04/2018 08:16 PM

OK, I guess one needs to have been there since Irma for it to make sense. Will figure it out eventually..

Totally agree. I studied it and studied it and then just gave up!
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Air port - 04/05/2018 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by jazzgal

Totally agree. I studied it and studied it and then just gave up!

We WERE there and still this diagram makes little sense!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline