TravelTalkOnline

American Airlines - Fall changes yet again

Posted By: pat

American Airlines - Fall changes yet again - 04/23/2018 04:18 PM

So! Way back when - we booked our flights for our fall trip. Got a great deal on AA Business going down and for the first time ever, knowing we would have to forgo our usual nonstop flights, we were able to book FF Coach tix home into our regional airport. We were so happy NOT to have to come into JFK and land about 25 minutes from home instead.

So of course - given our luck, that flight was cancelled as were many of the fall flights connecting through Charlotte, unless of course, you wanted to depart with the roosters and/or overnight somewhere which we did NOT want to do.

I was about to book on JB yesterday but decided to check AA one last time jic there had been more changes. Low and behold, our original flights - SXM to CLT to HPN are back on the schedule with good departure and arrival times.

So for those who were looking for them, some of the Fall CLT connecting flights are back - at least for now. smile smile
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: American Airlines - Fall changes yet again - 04/23/2018 04:31 PM

I wish we hadn't changed when our fall flights were originally screwed up. Oh well. We do have decent flights from Raleigh through Miami, and were able to get seats in the front of the plane.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: American Airlines - Fall changes yet again - 04/23/2018 05:19 PM

Might want to recontact them. They might make the changes because of all the other changes they have had to make on previous flights.
Posted By: smalbany

Re: American Airlines - Fall changes yet again - 04/23/2018 05:27 PM

Agree that it is good news that AA has added service from CLT but it departs at 9:40 AM. This means that if you are connecting to this flight, you must catch the 1st flight out from your hometown (Crack o'Dawn service). Or overnight in CLT to make this flight. If you can get to Washington Dulles (IAD), United offer non-stop service on Saturdays that departs at 8:20 AM. For early December, it is priced at $439 r/t. I had traded in my AA FF seats when they had first canceled the CLT service and booked on United.
Posted By: pat

Re: American Airlines - Fall changes yet again - 04/23/2018 05:46 PM

Albany,

We are departing SXM at about 3:15 in the afternoon and after clearing customs in CLT we will finally arrive in White Plains at about 10:15 pm. This is for November 19th but of course, all things subject to change, and for sure when you’re talking about AA. I think these flights, which are the exact flights we had booked in January and AA had cancelled. The times are identical and I believe this flight was only reinstated on Saturday night or very early Sunday.
Posted By: candj

Re: American Airlines - Fall changes yet again - 04/23/2018 07:21 PM

We changed ours to Raleigh/Durham also.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: American Airlines - Fall changes yet again - 04/23/2018 07:37 PM

Glad some changes are coming about. Sadly, nothing different from my area on AA.
Posted By: 4Driver4

Re: American Airlines - Fall changes yet again - 04/23/2018 09:47 PM

I suspect we have those same flights out of BDL for February.

We are headed down in a few weeks via JFK on JetBlue after Delta bailed on our original BDL-SXM flights. It's hard to keep track of which airline I've most recently sworn to never fly again.

Re: American Airlines - Fall changes yet again - 04/24/2018 10:50 AM

"It's hard to keep track of which airline I've most recently sworn to never fly again."

Exactly! We're on Delta for the first time in many years, flying through Atlanta to get to SXM next month. We don't have as many choices as you in the NY/NJ area have, so can't be too picky.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: American Airlines - Fall changes yet again - 04/24/2018 11:39 AM

My experiences with Delta to SXM have been mostly positive, especially in recent years.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: American Airlines - Fall changes yet again - 04/24/2018 01:08 PM

We have also had very nice experiences with Delta in recent years
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: American Airlines - Fall changes yet again - 04/24/2018 01:53 PM

Ditto.
Posted By: RICKnGRACE_LI_NY

Re: American Airlines - Fall changes yet again - 04/24/2018 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
My experiences with Delta to SXM have been mostly positive, especially in recent years.

Ours too!!

Re: American Airlines - Fall changes yet again - 04/24/2018 11:47 PM

Good news about Delta from all of you! I'll be happy if it works out well for us. American has let us down one too many times recently.
Posted By: jomarc

Re: American Airlines - Fall changes yet again - 04/25/2018 01:39 AM

Thanks for giving us hope, Pat. We're booked on an October American airlines flight. The flight we originally booked was one stop through PHL, but is now two stops through Miami. Flight home is now an overnight. We're not happy about the flights, but cannot wait to get back to the island...
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: American Airlines - Fall changes yet again - 04/25/2018 02:25 AM

Bet the airport hotel and motels close to airport are loving this. We have to overnight in Miami on our return too. Wonder if AA is getting a kickback. Lol
Posted By: SandS

Re: American Airlines - Fall changes yet again - 04/26/2018 12:09 AM

Did you check recently? Our flight coming home in Nov. was changed from one stop in Phil to two stops with an overnight. Yesterday we were able to change it to one stop thru Charlotte.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline