TravelTalkOnline

Mullet beach first time

Posted By: Beachnut82

Mullet beach first time - 04/24/2018 06:34 PM

Ok here is my review. Water gorgeous and Rosie’s rib and chicken plate with sides was delicious. But too many people and the most uncomfortable beach chairs I have ever sat in. Very low and saggy and couldn’t position to sit upright. I am glad we went though because I have been wanting to check it out
Posted By: pat

Re: Mullet beach first time - 04/24/2018 06:52 PM

Glad you got to see Mullet - it’s our favorite but we avoid the already set up chair areas around the food stands. That’s too bad about the people - must have been multiple ships in today - and we’ve experienced those ‘saggy’ chairs a few times - not nice! We usually get the old fashioned strap chairs free from our timeshare and I have no complaints with them but we have to rent an umbrella. Aren’t those ribs yummy?!

Re: Mullet beach first time - 04/24/2018 07:03 PM

They were so good. If we go back will also skip the chairs. I spent most of my time on my towel anyway oh well Chester made some money
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Mullet beach first time - 04/24/2018 07:42 PM

Pat. Two ships today.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Mullet beach first time - 04/24/2018 08:30 PM

Are they the blue ones, that if you sit on them, they hit you in the back of the head?? I hate those chairs! Regardless, love Mullet!

Re: Mullet beach first time - 04/24/2018 09:09 PM

Those blue ones are horrible. But any port in a storm.
Posted By: pat

Re: Mullet beach first time - 04/24/2018 10:05 PM

Hmmmm.....doesn’t seem like two ships would bring that many people and particularly if one of them was a Disney ship. I hope the good words about Mullet haven’t travelled too far. And those blue chairs are horrible. It’s almost impossible to lie flat on them without the back popping up. I really don’t mind the old fashioned strap type chairs but I know many complain about them, too.

Re: Mullet beach first time - 04/24/2018 10:43 PM

pat--would much prefer the strap chairs to those blue monstrosities!!

Re: Mullet beach first time - 04/25/2018 12:09 AM

Those are the ones

Re: Mullet beach first time - 04/25/2018 12:21 AM

Funny, I guess folks should let them know that those chairs suck. Apparently they don't know? As Pat said, the plastic strap chairs are much better..

Re: Mullet beach first time - 04/25/2018 02:20 AM

I bet they know and don't care. They probably figure they can rent anything they have..
Posted By: irina

Re: Mullet beach first time - 04/25/2018 05:27 AM

just go to cost u more and get two chairs you like and an umbrella..
Much easier for you, spend money locally. Comfort. Peace.
Threw it in our trunk..
Relax. Not supposed to be stressful.
Namaste
i
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Mullet beach first time - 04/25/2018 03:54 PM

We just spent several days at Mullet--Love it there!

Yes, the chairs are old, but I think it is a difficult time to buy new ones.
Rosie lost a lot during the hurricane. She spent some time talking to my husband.

We just arrived early and picked the best we could find.
I'm sure Chester, and the others, will even help---- Chester is a great guy. He did bring over a strap one for someone
who was probably having a problem.
He even suggested some meds for me, when he "remembered' that I was very cautious about getting
hurt in the water with my osteoporosis. Great guy!

BUT, if they buy new--hope they change the style!!
We always rent the chairs and umbrellas to support their business.

As far as being crowded, that changed daily in the last 2 weeks.

Rosie's Ribs and hotdogs were still great.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline