TravelTalkOnline

Diamondresortsandhotels.com

Posted By: Nowhatched

Diamondresortsandhotels.com - 04/29/2018 01:10 PM

I was searching for information about how the meetings went in Florida last week and came across this web site.
Royal Palm and Flamingo are listed there along with their other hotels. Obviously you can’t get a reservation but none the less I was surprised to see this.
I was told that whole owners were told that their units will be repaired along with the rest of the building and if anyone wants to sell, Diamond wants to buy them back.
I’m undecided if this is a good thing or a bad thing but I guess that’s the way things are going.
I wish I made the meeting now.
Posted By: WLE

Re: Diamondresortsandhotels.com - 04/29/2018 04:06 PM

Was the person that told you that Diamond would buy back units, at the meeting ?
I have been dealing with Diamond for many years and this seems to be way, way out of character for them.
Or maybe at what price, a dollar?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Diamondresortsandhotels.com - 04/29/2018 04:58 PM

I think they were talking about FULLY OWNED units, not timeshare units. Totally different situation.

Re: Diamondresortsandhotels.com - 04/30/2018 02:24 AM

That would only be at the Royal Palm, there are no year round owners at the Flamingo.

Re: Diamondresortsandhotels.com - 04/30/2018 01:14 PM

Correct, as far as I know, but again, the original post said "whole owners".

Re: Diamondresortsandhotels.com - 05/01/2018 06:07 PM

Correct, but again, the original post did not distinguish the fact that only the Royal Palm had "whole owners".

Re: Diamondresortsandhotels.com - 05/01/2018 06:39 PM

Ok, not sure what we're arguing about at this point, so I guess I will concede and bow out.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline