TravelTalkOnline

Carnival Parade info Monday

Posted By: karenv_ma

Carnival Parade info Monday - 04/29/2018 02:09 PM

Hi All,

On island now. Never been to the Carnival activities before, looking for some advice/info from those in the know (maybe Bill and Elaine?).

Does Monday's parade start at 2:00? If not, what time? Where is the best place to watch? If it's Philipsburgh, where can we find parking? With road closures and parking issues, how early before it starts should we go? I know that no ships are in, but still not sure how crowded it might be with locals and those staying on island.

Thanks in advance for any help. Will post a trip report once we are back.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Carnival Parade info Monday - 04/29/2018 02:30 PM

Best part is by the Great Bay Stadium close to the pond fill area after the bridge.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Carnival Parade info Monday - 04/29/2018 03:47 PM

Only went to the parade once quite a few years ago. I've found it impossible to find out what time it "starts", and your viewing choice determines what time the parade comes by you. I'm not sure which stadium Leslie is referencing above. The Little League Stadium?
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Carnival Parade info Monday - 04/29/2018 04:30 PM

The area where Van Dorp store was.
Posted By: pat

Re: Carnival Parade info Monday - 04/29/2018 05:00 PM

I will confess, we only went once and that was a long time ago. My best suggestion is wherever you decide to view it from, bring a couple bottles of water and make sure you’re well hydrated.

Re: Carnival Parade info Monday - 04/29/2018 05:01 PM

And an umbrella for shade, lots of sun screen, and earplugs.

Re: Carnival Parade info Monday - 04/30/2018 10:39 AM

This was posted on the FB Carnival page

Grand Parade Starting Time: 10am
Starting Point: St. Johns Estate
Route: St. Johns, L.B. Scot Road, Bush Road, Pondfill, (turn at Old Van Dorp) Fronstreet, Emmaplein, Pondfill, Village.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline