TravelTalkOnline

L'Astrolabe Restaurant Orient Bay

Posted By: ctmonline

L'Astrolabe Restaurant Orient Bay - 05/05/2018 02:20 PM

...their facebook page and website makes it seem that L'Astrolabe is open, this would be great news, anyone on the ground that can confirm?

https://www.facebook.com/astrolabesxm/

http://www.astrolabe-sxm.com/
Posted By: Mbrott

Re: L'Astrolabe Restaurant Orient Bay - 05/05/2018 02:50 PM

No current reviews on Trip Advisor so my inclination would be to say no. Le Pemint posted to faced the end of May.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: L'Astrolabe Restaurant Orient Bay - 05/05/2018 03:01 PM

I think I remember seeing it is open, but not sure. The fact that there are no current reviews on Trip Advisor, I would put ZERO stock in..
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: L'Astrolabe Restaurant Orient Bay - 05/05/2018 03:11 PM

You said their facebook and web page said they were open. I would think they would know.
Posted By: Jasperben

Re: L'Astrolabe Restaurant Orient Bay - 05/05/2018 05:06 PM

We were there 2 weeks ago and drove by, their was no activity at all, no signs of being open or even working on it.
Posted By: extreme

Re: L'Astrolabe Restaurant Orient Bay - 05/05/2018 06:42 PM

No, just got back last tuesday and they are not open and won't be until november...We spoke with Thomas and that is what he told us !
Posted By: Mbrott

Re: L'Astrolabe Restaurant Orient Bay - 05/05/2018 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
I think I remember seeing it is open, but not sure. The fact that there are no current reviews on Trip Advisor, I would put ZERO stock in..

Reviews have been very helpful to see what is open and not. If they don't have any reviews in the past 5 months it's been very reliable.

Mark
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: L'Astrolabe Restaurant Orient Bay - 05/05/2018 08:15 PM

OK, thanks for the first hand info. MUCH more reliable than whether there is NOT a recent review.
Posted By: JimRuos

Re: L'Astrolabe Restaurant Orient Bay - 05/06/2018 12:05 AM

Most websites for Orient Bay hotels and restaurants have not been updated since hurricane Irma, thus are unreliable. For the Esmeralda Resort, our most recent update on April 23 noted that they plan to partially reopen on November 1. Presumably, that would also apply to the L'Astrolabe and Coco Beach restaurants. ... Jim
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline