TravelTalkOnline

Simpson Bay Resort

Posted By: stangied

Simpson Bay Resort - 05/08/2018 03:24 PM

Is the Simpson Bay Resort open. A friend and his wife was offered a stay in the Bungalows in July. Just wanted anyone’s thought on these rooms.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 05/08/2018 03:31 PM

Yes. They are open.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 05/08/2018 03:40 PM

The VILLAS are definitely open, but not sure about the rest. Is ALL of SBR resort open now? (..except of course for the buildings they are tearing down? sad) And what are the bungalows?? I don't remember a part being called bungalows..
Posted By: stangied

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 05/08/2018 03:43 PM

Not sure what he meant about the bungalows. I will ask him. We have stayed there a few times in the past but like you did not know what he meant by bungalow units.

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 05/08/2018 03:48 PM

From a February report from SBR "The renovation of the other buildings is on target with the Villas Building scheduled for occupancy by March 3, 2018, the delivery of Marina, Flamboyant Beaumontia and Bougainvillea by April 28, 2018, and delivery of the Allamanda building by the end of September, 2018. " So I guess by July, everything except Alamanda is supposed to be open, unless they are behind schedule. Anyone know?
Posted By: Leagle49

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 05/08/2018 04:48 PM

There have been posts on the Simpson Bay Resort Facebook pages (closed groups) that have reported that the B buildings, laundry facilities and B Pool are now open.
Posted By: Shelby2

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 05/08/2018 05:07 PM

have a friend who just returned from SBR...no other info yet other than she was NOT put into her B building room--NOT READY.
Posted By: sunmantwo

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 05/11/2018 01:07 AM

At Simpson bay now. We could not get our apt 5th floor upper b building. We’re in the marina 4th floor. Dieffenbachia,Caladium, and Croton buildings have been leveled. Allamanda has severe damage. Lower floors in upper and lower B buildings are available,some apts in Flamboyant are available.Some apts in Marina still being worked on. Villas are ok. B pool is finished and it is beautiful. Villas pool and marina pool are ok. There is no more Bon Appetit but one of the workers opened a little shack on Kim Sha beach. Taste Factory is closed as well as Pizza Galley totally gone. Things are slowly getting better. But it’s pretty dam sad.

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 05/11/2018 01:24 AM

Thanks for the report.
Posted By: SandS

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 05/11/2018 03:49 AM

What is the condition of the pool across from where the D building was?
Posted By: ski2play

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 05/11/2018 12:31 PM

We are also at SBR this weekend.

The pool is there. It looks usable but is not filled. Same with the children’s pool just below it.
Posted By: sunmantwo

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 05/11/2018 04:52 PM

The D pool as well as the children’s pool are damaged and empty. Only one tennis court playable, the others have no fence around them. Allamanda pool damaged and empty.
Posted By: MissSunfish

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 05/14/2018 03:44 PM

Oh Lordy, I'm beginning to doubt my decision to exchange with II for Xmas 😣
Posted By: CaribJoe

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 05/14/2018 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by MissSunfish
Oh Lordy, I'm beginning to doubt my decision to exchange with II for Xmas 😣

There should be many more improvements by XMas. However, with three buildings permanently out of commission, good luck with trying to get an II exchange at that time of year. I've had one pending for three months now.
Posted By: MissSunfish

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 05/14/2018 06:58 PM

I already did the Exchange! I grabbed it as soon as I saw it on April 5th.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline